***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Oh yeah, the signal bug was fun.

Although beware high street shops, remember last year when P4U had very limited stock of Gnexs on launch day, so they put the price up £100 to £630? It was only after every man and his dog complained (and no-one bought one) that they released it at the proper price the next day.

People did get £250 worth of goodies on that launch day.

Heh, I didn't! I rang them, they told me it was £530 so I reserved one, and then when I got in to the store they'd put the price up £100. I told them where to stuff it and walked out.

I only just realised the battery isn't removable! (was starting to reconsiderit after hearing about the Razr hd delays)
That means I can't really get it, my nexus is a year old now and because of the many recharge cycles I'm thinking of a new battery. It's ok in the maxx hd as it's so large.
I can't keep a phone for more than a year without removable battery

Why not? :confused:

A lot of people have phones, which don't have removable batteries i.e. iphones, which they charge often and still haven't encountered problems. A non-removable battery is less likely to break than a removable battery.

Plus the battery being used in the LG is pretty much new gen.

As I said in the other thread, the battery life on this phone could very well be better than the RAZR HD.......

Ive had my iphone 4 for over 2 years. Its about time for an upgrade.

My brother has the galaxy nexus 3 - although the big screen would be great for movies/ browsing etc. does your hand not start hurting after a while of browsing/ playing a game? My hands start to hurt even when using the iphone 4

I waited for the iphone 5 and was quite underwhelmed by the end product.

Ive got my eyes on this as it looks like a premium quality phone at an awesome price. SD card doesnt bother me (used to using a 16gb iphone4), also not bothered by camera as i only casually use it and it will be better than my iphone 4 anyway.

I think the back actually looks quite cool, it would be too boring if it was another plain black slab like the front?

Roll on Nov 13th!

You won't ruin a battery in a year unless you're doing something horribly wrong. The performance should remain more or less the same.

I only just realised the battery isn't removable! (was starting to reconsiderit after hearing about the Razr hd delays)
That means I can't really get it, my nexus is a year old now and because of the many recharge cycles I'm thinking of a new battery. It's ok in the maxx hd as it's so large.
I can't keep a phone for more than a year without removable battery

Dont know if you missed this.

Looks like theyve made lots of improvements to make it more power efficient (optimised with both screen and processor) and allows more power cycles also.

My brother has the galaxy nexus 3 - although the big screen would be great for movies/ browsing etc. does your hand not start hurting after a while of browsing/ playing a game? My hands start to hurt even when using the iphone 4

No not really. The iphones IMO have a very poor design, it isn't ergonomic at all, just a rectangle slab with sharp corners.

Ergonomics is more important than size IMO (when we are talking about sensible sizes for the hand that is! :p), obviously if the phone is huge i.e. note II then no matter how good the ergonomics are, it will be uncomfy to hold anyway i.e. the GS 3 is bigger than the one X, however, it feels more comfortable to hold and actually feels smaller)

Last edited:
Looks nice the GN4 but the lack of storage options and sd card is seriously putting me off. Can hope in vain they release a 32gb version a little while down the line.

That's my hope. If a 32 or 64GB version comes along I'll probably sell the S3 and make the swap. We can hope!

That's my hope. If a 32 or 64GB version comes along I'll probably sell the S3 and make the swap. We can hope!

I have this image in my head of a robot assembly line. With flash chips just being poured into a hopper and some manager being told there out of 8's and he just goes "sod it, break out the 32s"

Back
Top Bottom