***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

I predict that most of us won't get one of these for a few weeks after the announcement.. this will be VERY popular and companies always underestimate demand.

So can everyone cool down a bit and let me get mine on launch day please :) :D

Nexus18 - are you pre-ordering or waiting for the big reviews first?

Waiting for gsmarena and anandtech review first as well as user opinions :) Mainly to see what the camera, audio and battery life is like. If the camera/audio is only slightly worse than the S then I think I could cope with it :p

Won't be doing anything for the first few weeks as after the nexus 7 and all it's issues, I want to be sure that this won't be the same given the price :p I also need to find someone who would want to buy my S for at least £220, don't know if I want to go through ebay and all the hassle.....

What about you?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the big reviews will be out before the release, if the reviews and users say its good, I'll pull the trigger straight away I think.

Though don't really want to buy direct from google as the N7 customer service was a bit poor. Hoping for the high street or even amazon to sell this :)

Yep, the camera is the main wild card, the screen will be good...but will it be excellent like the ip5?

Though don't really want to buy direct from google as the N7 customer service was a bit poor. Hoping for the high street or even amazon to sell this :)

Hmm good point, forgot about their poor service......

Also didn't the hot curry sauce place :p and some other etailer actually sell the nexus 7 tablets for a bit cheaper than the google store for the first few weeks (on special offer?), also just remembered weren't there loads of issues with google actually delivering the nexus 7 tablets and all the people who ordered with the curry sauce :p etc. got theirs first and by more than a few days iirc?

Although given phone prices and this being high-end, I think this time etailers will try their luck....

Yup also looking forward to seeing how the display compares to the iphone 5 and one X screen, part of me says that it won't be as good for overall quality but then again LG make fantastic display panels *cough* dell ultrasharp monitors *cough* :p :D

But I would have preferred a SAMOLED screen instead!

Last edited:
I’ll wait for reviews but I’m very tempted by this, somehow I only found out about it today, not sure how I missed the news….

Currently have an iPhone 4 and have become tired of it and don’t think I want to get the new one, I was really liking the look of the Windows 8 phones but they don’t seem to be getting great reviews. This looks great for the money though, the only downside I can see is a lack of 4G but personally I don’t see any need for that for a couple of years.

The big question to me (apart from the obvios quality of the camera / battery / screen) is how long after the orders open on the 13/11 will it take to be in customers hands.

We talking weeks or days?

yeah wont be ordering from google play after the nexus7 hassles. will wait for cpw or p4u, and also in the same boat as others, wanna have a play and see the reviews first. i jumped on the GN on day 1 and then had that signal bug for 10 days....

Oh yeah, the signal bug was fun.

Although beware high street shops, remember last year when P4U had very limited stock of Gnexs on launch day, so they put the price up £100 to £630? It was only after every man and his dog complained (and no-one bought one) that they released it at the proper price the next day.

Just trying to talk myself out of the larger storage one. I currently have a 8GB phone with 2GB free and a ton that I just can't be bothered to delete.

Surely 8GB, with unlimited data, clloud storage and streaming I don't need more?

Back
Top Bottom