***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

What is the commitment regards supporting inductive charging? I get the feeling youll end up forking 1/5th of the price of the phone on the charger and then realise due to the quirks with inductive charging (and even within Qi specs) it wont work with future inductive charging phones...

Am I wrong in thinking that? Just looking at the HP Touchpad and those other defunct wireless power mats (cant remember the brand name) which are all incompatible with each other. Great idea, just a shame its in its infancy regards an industrial standard spec.

Thats before you think about how inefficient they are which obviously leads to longer recharge times :p, and the fact its hard to tell what works with what compared to wired charging and looking at the connector type...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Well I'd just keep them or sell them.

I love the TouchPad one, that would be perfect for my needs since it is a dock as well. That means I can use my phone whilst at my desk whilst it is charging. Charging times don't bother me, as I do not find myself ever needing to charge my phone in a hurry.

Cost does not matter much to me either (unless it is obviously extortionate) when it comes with this much convenience!

What's that got to do with this thread? Screen choice is down to preference.

It just seems like you're trying to justify not buying the Nexus, when it should be the other way around!

For what its worth, both have their advantages and disadvantages, so just choose whichever.

Who cares, if you don't like the screen, your loss (not you kona, just in general). Choose a different phone. Simples.

Anywho, anyone found a ROM that combines, PA, CM and AOKP for this?

for some reason this phone wont recognise my sim card, its a virgin sim and was cut down from its normal sim to a mini-sim so it used to work in my iphone but the nexus 4 isnt picking it up.. any ideas?

edit - just says no simcard

I had this as well, it seemed to be because the gold contacts on my SIM missing the ones on the Nexus 4 - probably down to me bodging the cutting.

So I ordered a replacement SIM card from T-Mobile. There's a story here actually:

I phoned up T-Mobile on a Friday evening for a replacement. Woman on the phone says it's £10 for a micro SIM and kept on saying it's a new SIM card and therefore I have to pay the £10, even though I'm already on a contract.
I tell her that I pay less than £10 a month for my contract and then after a couple minutes on hold, she says I can have it for free!

Fast forward to the Wednesday.

I phone up T-Mobile and complain that my new SIM card hasn't arrived and that they had disconnected my old one before delivering my new one.
After being put through to some other department, a woman there offered me £10 off my Jan and Feb bills!

So, you may need a replacement like me! :)

Looks very similar to my Dell 2407 / U2410, so I'm happy!

Full screen browsing is insanely good. I just need a way of getting back to my home screen easily. There doesn't seem to be a shortcut in Browser. I don't want to install another browser either.

I think its more things that were auto setup on the iphone just arent at all on here - a good example is my OU account, it was useful to have my uni emails and calendar stuff synced on my phone but for the life of me I cant replicate the settings I just put into my old phone on this (the iphone has a gmail setting so it auto-setups up the settings) - it doesnt accept it as a google account.

I think the layers and layers I refer is more that at some points it gives you too much information on stuff I dont really need to know in detail (like app permissions, useful I guess just takes longer to check that to install the app in question), but when you do it gives nothing at all (this youtube issue where I can log into youtube via Chrome without problem, yet the youtube widget/app just thinks my only google account on the phone isnt linked to a youtube account). I cant see anywhere to log in to the app so its left me scratching my head wondering whats happened and no real logical way to fix it other than wiping the phone.

ps3ud0 :cool:

What's an OU account?

The YouTube app is linked to the account you entered on your phone, so you don't need to log in anywhere. Not sure what's happening with it though, I had a similar issue, but it was fixed by enabling something on the desktop site.

A screen protector will take a lot away from how awesome the screen is to use. Personally I'd avoid one.

I haven't scratched a screen without one in 3 years - just don't dip your phone into sand.

Back
Top Bottom