***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
O2 had about 300'ish TVs to give away if you bought a N4 before 1st December. You were guaranteed a TV if you send a Tweet to O2 with your a pic of your phone.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2014935

Surprised more people didn't jump on this. Better deal than buying from Google and no waiting.

so its like buying the tv for half the price if u bought the n4 with pay as you go
and no waiting. not bad. slightly jelly now :D

Associate
Not quite, I'm afraid, as (to quote from their T&C) "Pay & Go phones are not eligible to apply." :(

Quite a few bought Pay & Go and O2 have honored the deal and have got their tv's.. i went with the contract and have got a buyer for the tv meaning the phone has cost me approx £180 after paying off the contract :)

Associate
Just got another random email from Google, from the same person as my first one the other day, with no reference to the email received this morning! Somehow feel that they have no joined up communication there:

Thank you for contacting Google Play! I'm currently conducting a thorough investigation with our shipping provider regarding the issue you've reported. I apologize for the inconvenience and will provide an update as soon as I have information to provide. We will issue a refund separately in the amount of the shipping charge to your original form of payment shortly after your original order is charged and shipped.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reply directly to this email. Also, you can visit our help center at http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/request.py?contact_type=contract_policy&policy=hardware

Associate
Just got the same e-mail, god I hope I get it this week!
8gb 3-5 day 17:08 order.

Hey! I ordered the 8 gig model at 17:07 and got the 3-5 week estimate, I would like to complain to Dan about these wrong estimates, is there any chance you could let me know your order number, privately of course.

I know it sounds a bit dodgy, but I don't think you can do anything else with the order number anyway, but i want them to quote a number to show that mine should have also been 4-5 days instead. Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
So far liking the Slimport adapter, although need WiFi to get decent quality YouTube over the app. The "HQ" video looks pants upscaled to 1080. Maxell wireless charger is great, just lacks a USB port on it as a secondary charging point. But got it at a much better price than the RRP of the LG/Energizer ones available. Just wondering if the phone will blow up if I try and feed it power from USB and wireless at the same time??? :confused:

Caporegime
Just got another random email from Google, from the same person as my first one the other day, with no reference to the email received this morning! Somehow feel that they have no joined up communication there:
Yeah I got the same email, but not any other emails, I'm 17.06 1-2weeks. I have called up over a week ago asking for a call back which obviously never materialised...

I'll call them tomorrow and see what empty promises they'll tell me this time. Tempted to join Google+ just to reply to the UK CEO, I don't understand how they think we believe a single thing they say from now on.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
No emails yet, ordered at 17:07 and had the 1-2 week estimate. If I don't get an email tomorrow I'll ring up and complain and demand the shipping fee back.

Associate
Hey! I ordered at 17:07 and got the 3-5 week estimate, I would like to complain to Dan about these wrong estimates, is there any chance you could let me know your order number, privately of course.

I know it sounds a bit dodgy, but I don't think you can do anything else with the order number anyway, but i want them to quote a number to show that mine should have also been 4-5 days instead. Cheers

How strange, mine is 17:07.29 (to be precise) and it's 1-2 weeks.

Associate
Hey! I ordered the 8 gig model at 17:07 and got the 3-5 week estimate, I would like to complain to Dan about these wrong estimates, is there any chance you could let me know your order number, privately of course.

also 1707, 4-5 weeks, failing by email to find why

Last edited:
Associate
I would like to say that those idiots at Google have confirmed today (directly contradicting the phone call I had on Friday) that you cannot change delivery after the order is placed. I didn't want to argue with the chap today but I let it known how ****** off I was. Basically, if I don't receive the phone by Thursday then I won't see it till next year. Not a problem except I can't get it shipped to my parents' house as opposed to work. How do they expect to do business with such poor systems in place?

Google may process the world's data but in real life situations they are clueless.

Back
Top Bottom