***The Official LG Optimus G2 Thread***

Soldato
New stock firmware hitting devices. Just got the update notification which is 58Mb, I'm still on HK firmware. To be honest I'm not going to install it as the phone's been sold.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2561604

Screenshot_2013-12-11-19-13-59_zpsfotwrr7n.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone found any other ebay sellers? The one that I believe Stoosh suggested has sold out of the black!

I assume digitalrev are a safe bet too?

Yes Mate, digitalrev are trustworthy, the best thing about them is that each device you buy comes with a 1 year warranty. Heaven forbid should anything go wrong with the device, then they'll pay for the repairs.

So what's it going to be? The N5 or G2?

Soldato
Got my G2 a few days ago. Coming from an N4 I can only assume anyone who says the stock software experience on the G2 is any good hasn't used a Nexus device because it's terrible. Half the notification area is taken up with rubbish (ala Samsung), and every place they've changed the default colors or styles it's for the worse.
It's no surprise people think Android doesn't compare to iOS if this is the experience they get.

Soldato
Got my G2 a few days ago. Coming from an N4 I can only assume anyone who says the stock software experience on the G2 is any good hasn't used a Nexus device because it's terrible. Half the notification area is taken up with rubbish (ala Samsung), and every place they've changed the default colors or styles it's for the worse.
It's no surprise people think Android doesn't compare to iOS if this is the experience they get.

Did you not research the phone before you got it?

Soldato
Yes Mate, digitalrev are trustworthy, the best thing about them is that each device you buy comes with a 1 year warranty. Heaven forbid should anything go wrong with the device, then they'll pay for the repairs.

So what's it going to be? The N5 or G2?

Stoosh in all honesty I really don't know :( Shame they don't have an ebay store I have a 10% voucher that expires tomorrow!

Soldato
" Pay only £336.59 [Show me how] "

Tempted but I worry I'll regret it over the nexus 5!

If only i knew! Lol

It comes down to what you want in a phone..

The G2 has an epic battery and IMO better screen however LG are really shady when it comes to updates. The LG ROM is great and has lots of additional tweaks and features baked in that vanilla android doesnt offer.

The DAC is superior to that of the N5 and so is the speaker which is slightly louder and more bassy.

However if a super slick experience and quick updates are your thing then the N5 is the way to go. Either way whatever phone you chose you wont be disappointed.

Soldato
The DAC is superior to that of the N5 and so is the speaker which is slightly louder and more bassy.

Can you point me to evidence of this please.

I'm not having a go or anything, but I would love to replace my Nexus S (Voodoo Sound) with something more modern and the LG with its boasts on sound quality fits the bill. I looked about the LG's DAC but couldn't find much about it

Soldato
Did you not research the phone before you got it?

I did, and the hardware looked great, the reviews said the software had been modified a bit by LG but nothing too heavy and I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the screenshots because they've royally screwed it up. I have CM on there now so I'm not bothered anymore, was just very surprising. My last two Android phones have been the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4 so I just wasn't used to manufacturers messing with the UI.

Soldato
Can you point me to evidence of this please.

I'm not having a go or anything, but I would love to replace my Nexus S (Voodoo Sound) with something more modern and the LG with its boasts on sound quality fits the bill. I looked about the LG's DAC but couldn't find much about it

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7251/lg-g2-and-msm8974-snapdragon-800-a-quick-look/8

Read the last paragraph and it explains it all.

I have both the LG G2 and Nexus 5 and the sound through headphones using the same app poweramp is punchier and bassy on the G2 whereas the Nexus 5 exhibits a flatter sound.

Soldato
Soldato
Haven't you sold your G2? If so what are you getting or using now?

No not yet...still got it. Am currently using the N5 but the battery is it's Achilles heal. Trying out the N5 using different ROMS/Kernels and see what works best for my usage.

I must say I'm missing the battery life and extra real estate screen wise on the G2.

0.2 cm might not sound like much but it does make a difference..plus the saturated colours on the G2 does make the screen look better.

Its soooo difficult to chose between the two devices...urgh!!!

Back
Top Bottom