*** The official macOS Sequoia thread ***

I was looking at the CASIO FX-CG50 or the HP Prime G2. I haven't decided on which one yet.
I actually keep two in my desk drawer and grab whichever one is most applicable. I need to replace the battery on the Casio again, it only works by solar now.

LyhmLnZ.jpeg

That's almost exactly the same as my Casio, I'm missing the solar. I had to take mine apart about 6 months ago as the = button stopped responding, one of the more useful ones :D Fixed it ok.

Looks like I won't be moving to Apple Passwords after all, work just started using 1Password which also grants a free family subscription to your personal account which can be kept completely separate from work. Handy!

When is Mac OS Sequoia due to be released? looking forward to trying out crossover 2 on it.

It would be brill if they supported sub pixel anti aliasing again to make non retina screens look good but i know the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Am I right in saying this is the last version with intel support?
Yes, no, maybe with major updates - some outlets are saying yes, others no.

Given the Mac Pro was only refreshed to Silicon last year, you would think they would extend major support for another version or two, albeit with limited Intel model support, but then again there's a lot of Silicon specific features in the newer MacOS versions so who knows.

We should still see security updates for a few years yet though which is the main thing.

Last edited:
I don't think so - the multi-platform/auto-fill thing is a hell of a restriction tbh, but then I guess it depends on how often you multi-platform doesn't it? I mean I regularly jump MacOS/Windows/iOS/Android which I can't imagine everyone does, but it doesn't work in that sort of setup.

If it was *just* MacOS/Windows I think it would be workable, but then iCloud on Windows is generally flakey and seems to take an age to update - if they improved that, then perhaps?

Trying to be objective, however my initial thoughts is that it's a Wordpad vs Word argument tbh, if that makes sense.
I have to say my experience using the passwords on windows has been fine and haven’t noticed any issues. The only annoying thing is that when it enabled in edge it won’t say a password to edge or give me an option but will let me say an edge password in iCloud so I just use iCloud password for everything now.

Studio and Air are updating to the RC now.
Very tempted to do the same. If I do upgrade to the RC does it automatically convert to the stable when it is released and remove you from the beta channel? I've never used a pre-release version of macOS or iOS.

Last edited:
Very tempted to do the same. If I do upgrade to the RC does it automatically convert to the stable when it is released and remove you from the beta channel? I've never used a pre-release version of macOS or iOS.
You have to unenroll after update to go back to the official release channel.

Aye, first thing I did.

Second thing was to try iPhone mirroring. That works and it works well. Not sure I can really think of a use for it though.
I use it quite regularly. I'd rather just stick with the banking app on my phone than going to a website, easier for WhatsApp / FB Messenger too. There are other handy apps I use on my phone where the info is obtainable from the web, but I find it just a wee bit easier to look at an app on my phone. I guess if you don't use many apps then it wont be much point.

Back
Top Bottom