*** The official macOS Sequoia thread ***

I've been chatting to Rogue Amoeba tech support, and they got me to install the latest beta release. It's fixed the stuttering, but there's still a slight sync issue when watching a video and listening to it over Bluetooth.
Thank you. I'll wait for the official release as it isn't essential to me. Did they say how long it was going to be in beta for?

Has anyone else noticed loads of songs on Apple Music have had the scrolling lyrics removed from them? I sing along to musoc quite often and not having the scrolling lyrics is a pain in the bum. It just has small static text that is really hard to read.

Debating weather to update to sonoma 14.7 or upgrade to Sequoia.

MacBook Pro (m1)

What’s the general consensus?

I’m only a light user safari browsing and emails mostly.

Working perfectly here on an M1 Pro. It has nice new features, I don't see why you would stay on Sonoma beyond some fringe cases with application compatability.

Working perfectly here on an M1 Pro. It has nice new features, I don't see why you would stay on Sonoma beyond some fringe cases with application compatability.
Running it on an 24GB M2 MM. Barely feels like much of a change from Sonoma really. Daily performance seems the same and I am not fussed about it occupying a smidge more storage space as I store everything on a NAS/Cloud anyway. I use Firefox with a boatload of tabs, and 4 workspaces with Mail etc without issues.

Performance maybe more interesting to judge when the AI Bloat comes in at some point...

I updated to 14.7 now, so perhaps best to wait a few days or till .1 drops.
Given Apple's "excellent" QA with their OS's these days, it's probably wise unless it's a personal system and/or you have access to others - we've already found and reported two bugs (built-in firewall blocking connections; upgrade notifications showing when updates have been deferred) at work and there's plenty of others getting talked about in various Mac groups/slacks.

Edit - Someone just pointed me to the Reddit thread of Sequoia bugs (MacOS 15 Sequoia Bugs and Issues Megathread). Have spotted others mentioning the firewall issue but there are other interesting bugs like Spotlight excessively writing to disk.

Last edited:
mulitple ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR since updating, slow buggy videos on iplayer, youtube.... each OS update is worse until 2 or 3 updates later

Last edited:
Can't say I have any of those problems but I use Firefox so not sure if that changes things.
im on Brave.....

im on Brave.....

That is a bug with Brave as far as I can tell. You need to wait for them to update as it isn't a macOS bug since other browsers are not having similar problems.

The bug message even says Google have fixed the issue.

Can't say I have any of those problems but I use Firefox so not sure if that changes things.
im on Brave.....

Also cannot log back into my Reolink NVR, connection error! Both Mac and Macbook.

Back
Top Bottom