*** The official macOS Sequoia thread ***

OK I have updated my Mac Studio. Two problems SoundSource isn't compatible and Xcode needs to be updated but it doesn't show in the macOS App Store update tab.

Have you tried SoundSource version 5.7.0? It says it works with the Sequoia betas, so I assume it will work with the official release.

Initially I was a bit disappointed with Sequoia's window snapping.

It wasn't as responsive as BetterSnapTool, and the windows all had a gap around them.

Then I found the 'Tiled windows have margin' switch in Settings under Desktop & Dock.

Now, the windows behave more like BST. It's still not as responsive as I would like; it doesn't always respond to the side of the screen. My current workaround is holding down the Option key when dragging, which seems to work every time. It's just going to take some getting used to.

I don't use the additional features of BST, just basic snapping, so I'm quite keen to get rid of 'one more app'.

How is everyone else getting on with it?

Since updating last night, I've been having issues with SoundSource stuttering and dropping out audio when connected via Bluetooth headphones (Bose QC35ii and Airpod Pro 2).

I've contacted Rogue Amoeba to see what they say.

@Cromulent, what's it been like for you since the update?

Since updating last night, I've been having issues with SoundSource stuttering and dropping out audio when connected via Bluetooth headphones (Bose QC35ii and Airpod Pro 2).

Yes. I've had that as well. I wasn't sure what it was.

Edit: Was having another issue where one of my monitors was flashing on and off which fixed itself the moment I quit SoundSource. I need to go out now but I'll speak to them the moment I get home.

Last edited:
I’m using it and I’ve uninstalled magnet. Took me a while to fix the gap thing as you said, I didn’t realise it was an option.
How do Magnet and newly inbuilt snapping compare? I currently use Magnet and have just kept using it since the upgrade due to familiarity

Oh just to update my Xcode problem. The update appeared in the app store in the morning and the CLI tools were updated about midday yesterday so I just needed to be more patient.

Yes. I've had that as well. I wasn't sure what it was.

Edit: Was having another issue where one of my monitors was flashing on and off which fixed itself the moment I quit SoundSource. I need to go out now but I'll speak to them the moment I get home.

I've been chatting to Rogue Amoeba tech support, and they got me to install the latest beta release. It's fixed the stuttering, but there's still a slight sync issue when watching a video and listening to it over Bluetooth.

Back
Top Bottom