***The Official Manly Shaving Thread***

@NickK have you tried Taylors of Old Bond Street, they do a Cedarwood?

What companies are you lot buying from lately? Just gone to get some more stuff and realised my usual (Shaving-Shack) had closed down. :(
Cornerstone I've been using for a number of years now. Just the razor, blades, shave cream and after balm.
The Cornerstone shave cream is quite thick. I usually thin it down a bit with a quick splash of water. Took a smaller Harry's shave cream on work trip recently (plane liquid requirements) and that's quite thick too.

Last edited:
@NickK have you tried Taylors of Old Bond Street, they do a Cedarwood?

second this, very thick

After my Edwin Jagger DE89 threads failed for the 2nd time (as it's chrome plated it will always happen, but EJ have been incredible with support and have fixed it both times even though it's 15 years old nearly!), I decided to treat myself to the fully stainless steel version, the Edwin Jagger 3 one 6.

9O1dHz2.jpeg

L6Is4SR.gif

Beautiful piece of engineering, impeccably finished and the shave is more aggressive (in a good way) than the de89 is.

Properly impressed, well worth the money for something I use daily.

Last edited:
Mine looked like new but the coating came off the thread which makes it fail eventually.

Had no issues in Manchester with soft water so maybe it's the limescale causing issues, but Google says it's basically one inevitable due to the coating process. Either way, it's a bit step up in terms of shave, too, so i still recommend it! EJ sent me a free replacement top part so the de89 lives on, but I keep that in my travel toiletries bag now!

Back
Top Bottom