***The Official Manly Shaving Thread***

So my Cornerstone razor arrived and I got the handle and 6 blades for £4 which as a trial is an absolute bargain, just had my 1st shave with it and first impressions are good as it shaves fine and doesn't need to go over the same place loads, will keep tabs on it and see if it's better than the Hydro but definitely 1st shave is fine with no complaints.

Just ordered my Cornerstone kit for £4.

I realise it'll be slightly more expensive than using my DE razor, but I've been using my DE 'safety' razor for 8 years. I still cut myself fairly often and it's time for a change.

Will report my findings!

S..

I've downloaded this app called Wish. It's a shopping app with flash deals. Most of it is cheap tat, but I notice there are a lot of DE razors, some as cheap as £1! For someone wanting to try DE out, it would be ideal!

21_20161016_195001.jpg

So had my first DE shave the other day. I found derby blades not sharp enough (which perhaps is a good thing) ; i sort of went hard on the neck and had a some burn which was nicely amplified when rubbing styptic over it. Not really pleased with the fragrance of trufit and hill num 10. Apart from that it was a pleasant experience. I'll go through derby and then try something sharper.

How do you dispose the blades? Do you just wrap a bit of paper and chuck it in the bin?

I've got a L'Occitan synthetic brush, that from the look of that photo and the description, is basically the same brush, but in a different handle. It's brilliant, and supposedly compares to $100+ brushes. For $10 that is the best thing ever, and I might have to order one as a spare, so great find that, Cob.

Thanks for the info both, I considered getting a badger one a while ago then the mrs said what if your allergic. I was all errrrr waste of money then.

Will give that Razorock one a shot! Will report back, be a while though as will be a xmas present probably.

So my Cornerstone razor arrived and I got the handle and 6 blades for £4 which as a trial is an absolute bargain, just had my 1st shave with it and first impressions are good as it shaves fine and doesn't need to go over the same place loads, will keep tabs on it and see if it's better than the Hydro but definitely 1st shave is fine with no complaints.

Just ordered my Cornerstone kit for £4.

I realise it'll be slightly more expensive than using my DE razor, but I've been using my DE 'safety' razor for 8 years. I still cut myself fairly often and it's time for a change.

Will report my findings!

S..

Interested to hear how you both get on :)

Still waiting. Was it such a close shave that you died?

OOps, no i didn't die :D Having used it three or four times now its an excellent razor, very well built, extremely mild, even more so than my Ikon 101, i haven't had any shaving rash with it, coupled with a feather blade i get a very efficient shave, i haven't had the need for more than two passes.

Was it worth the money ? i would say no, its not a massive improvement over the Ikon (which was my goto razor), its still very nice though :D

Anyone knew where to get Personna Med Prep blades (or something equivalent) only place I can find is £30 for a 100, which is quite expensive compared to other blades.

OOps, no i didn't die :D Having used it three or four times now its an excellent razor, very well built, extremely mild, even more so than my Ikon 101, i haven't had any shaving rash with it, coupled with a feather blade i get a very efficient shave, i haven't had the need for more than two passes.

Was it worth the money ? i would say no, its not a massive improvement over the Ikon (which was my goto razor), its still very nice though :D

Cool thanks for the response, hope it lasts a long time!

Back
Top Bottom