***The Official Marvel's Avengers thread***

Soldato
Game looks stunning in HDR on oled with high settings, some really nice little details although performance is hitchy and stuttery, hopefully resolved for final release.

Gameplay wise, not the best, bit of a button masher but enjoyed it on the whole tbh, especially playing as iron man and thor and the levelling up gear + unlocking skills to give it some longevity/progress.

I wish my pc was near my oled as honestly having played up close on my monitor vs on ps4 Pro it just looks quite a bit better on oled despite all the compromises.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I wish my pc was near my oled as honestly having played up close on my monitor vs on ps4 Pro it just looks quite a bit better on oled despite all the compromises.

Just move it. :D

1-D83361-C-8-D1-F-4-FA5-9-AB4-004-F96-E44-B79.jpg

Soldato
Just move it. :D

1-D83361-C-8-D1-F-4-FA5-9-AB4-004-F96-E44-B79.jpg

Hah if I wasn't a kb/m for fps games I'd maybe consider it but alas no!

Interested to see how the full skill trees work. We only have one of the three pages available in beta. The other two being pages that affect heroic abilities and maybe passives not entirely sure on the latter.

Last edited:
Associate
Slow news day for Jim Sterling then? On noes, free (optional) stuff....

The Spider-man thing is a valid and worrying issue, getting some random tat skins for free is really no issue at all. Looks like every character already has a dozen skins, what's one more that you'll never use?

Soldato
The spiderman exclusivity is likely all to do with the fact sony owns the film rights to spiderman. Rumours were abound late last year that the last ditch deal where Sony agreed to let spiderman stay in mcu, marvel allowed sony exclusive game rights to spiderman as a compromise. Nothing CD or Square can do about that i guess. There will be plenty of non exclusive characters such as hawkeye coming post launch anyway according to them.

Actual content will be free according to the studio head with cosmetics and emotes used to monetise seems fair enough to me.

Re the skins who cares? Cosmetics are for the teenagers.

Caporegime

Yup, played it on my monitor there just to see if it was any smoother with freesync (was no better) and it just doesn't compare at all for motion nor IQ :( Can't wait for the day we get 21.9 34" 1440 freesync oled monitors.

Played quite a bit of this now, after the initial wow avengers appeal/skin and nice graphics wares of, what a shallow game in terms of missions and level/map design, so repetitive and no variety at all.

It's like a game from the ps 3/xbox 360 time, it kind of feels like they have modelled this on the iron man game back in the day, dare I say, that did a better job.......

Would rather have a story focused game on each of the avengers that plays like batman arkham series, spiderman, tomb raider, god of war or star wars jedi fallen order

EDIT:

Also have to agree with the comparisons to anthem, it is very similar, however, not anywhere as good as anthem.....

Last edited:
Soldato
Played through a bit of this today.

The initial bridge bit was dull.
The bit that followed was alright.
Then the multiplayer section started and the level design opened up and it became dull again.

Not sure about this one at all. I might pick it up. But not likely at launch. Also getting the Anthem vibes.

Caporegime
The more I think back to the gameplay, the more disappointed I become with how this turned out now, sad, had so much potential this :(

Be great if they take on board what people have said but given that the game is out next month and the main complaint is down to the likes of the maps/missions i.e. the core mechanics of the game, it's unlikely to change.... Hopefully the SP missions and story are good and longer than 10 hours to make the game somewhat good.....

V F

V F

Soldato
Would rather have a story focused game on each of the avengers that plays like batman arkham series, spiderman, tomb raider, god of war or star wars jedi fallen order

EDIT:

Also have to agree with the comparisons to anthem, it is very similar, however, not anywhere as good as anthem.....

That was the thing I loved about Ranger. It felt like a hybrid of War Machine and Iron Man.

Soldato
OPEN BETA is now available!

Game runs like butter, only tried a mission but everything's more stable now. Performance is excellent!

V F

V F

Soldato
The thing that would drive me insane is the fact nobody looks like who they're supposed to be. Even Iron Man looks like one of the old cheesy 70s cartoons? Captain America looks like someone sat on his head and who is the black haired woman that looks like her with the glasses in Scooby Doo...

Soldato
The thing that would drive me insane is the fact nobody looks like who they're supposed to be. Even Iron Man looks like one of the old cheesy 70s cartoons? Captain America looks like someone sat on his head and who is the black haired woman that looks like her with the glasses in Scooby Doo...

Depends on whether you're thinking of the movies exclusively or not. I played more Marvel Heroes than I bothered with the MCU so it makes no difference to me. And you watch the back of their heads/costumes more anyway. It's mostly going to be distracting in the campaign.

Back
Top Bottom