***The Official Marvel's Avengers thread***

Soldato
Played a bit of the beta and it's painfully average. There's no heft or weight to how the combat feels or sounds, animations are inconsistent and the enemies are generic and dull. I know it's only a beta, but it's so close to launch that I can't see them being able to change much between now and then. I'll be very surprised if this gets good reviews.

V F

V F

Soldato
Depends on whether you're thinking of the movies exclusively or not. I played more Marvel Heroes than I bothered with the MCU so it makes no difference to me. And you watch the back of their heads/costumes more anyway. It's mostly going to be distracting in the campaign.

I want to play the modern movie accurate Iron Man.

I've always wanted this feeling in a modern game today after all my playtime with Ranger on Anthem. Including a supersonic mode. Even Anthem has pathetic slow flying. :(

Imagine an accurate Iron Man in the style of Ace Combat.

Associate
Very poorly optimised and nowhere near ready. SR2 all over again.
And they've shot themselves in the foot with the "always online" gimmick as even the modding community won't be able to save it

Soldato
Very poorly optimised and nowhere near ready. SR2 all over again.
And they've shot themselves in the foot with the "always online" gimmick as even the modding community won't be able to save it

The optimisation is superb actually. If you got an Nvidia gpu then understand it's their shoddy drivers at work, it's flawless on AMD.

Caporegime
Unless they do the following, it's going to be a fail:

- biggest complaint is that it needs way more variety in terms of mission type AND map/level design, like said before, feels like a game from ps 3/xbox 360 time
- also, no destructible environments..... want to see something like god of war when kratos fights the stranger for the first time, trees falling, big rocks being broken etc. from the impact of their punches etc.
- these games generally are button mashers but this even more so....

Just looks like a game where they want kids to buy cosmetic skins, couldn't help but laugh when I seen some of the skins i.e. a blue hulk with gang chains around his neck.... :confused:

Soldato
Unless they do the following, it's going to be a fail:

- biggest complaint is that it needs way more variety in terms of mission type AND map/level design, like said before, feels like a game from ps 3/xbox 360 time
- also, no destructible environments..... want to see something like god of war when kratos fights the stranger for the first time, trees falling, big rocks being broken etc. from the impact of their punches etc.
- these games generally are button mashers but this even more so....

Just looks like a game where they want kids to buy cosmetic skins, couldn't help but laugh when I seen some of the skins i.e. a blue hulk with gang chains around his neck.... :confused:

Bit early to judge the first point as the beta intentionally has limited content. There are the story missions, hero icon missions and then supposedly 80 or so different warzone/dropzone missions in release plus a yet to be announced end game style raiding I suspect. Admittedly they may all be similar/repetitive but I would like to see how that pans out.

Soldato
The fact that I'm having to stop playing at ultra on things tells me I need to upgrade:p. I want a 3080 for 500 quid:D.

Nah, that's bad thinking because settings don't always scale linearly. So it's not impossible for there to be killer settings which can't run fast even on future hardware (eg advanced dof in metro etc). I always say to judge based on visual results rather than labels. I think on that scale you will be happy with what your 1080 can do in Avengers.

Soldato
Can you show me where this has been said or posted from an official source?

Crystal Dynamics official announcement. Some people are arguing that they haven't said Spidey will be a permanent exclusive to the platform, but CD have said that every other PS-exclusive will come to other platforms after 30 days. Given they've lost millions of dollars in cancelled pre-orders over this, you would think that they would have issued a clarification by now.

Back
Top Bottom