**********The 'Official' Nokia Lumia 1520 Thread*******;)

Soldato
The screen protector goes on quite well, although doesn't cover the entire screen but it's not very smooth, your fingers get stuck to it.

Also do I have to create all my phone contacts in hotmail ? - I've got a huge list of emails contacts in there that I don't want to have to scroll through just to find someone to phone

MW

Man of Honour
You can filter them, can't remember off the top of my head, but managed to get rid of all the emails and Facebook ones.

Try going to peoples app and then settings.

Soldato
Just tried that, it does indeed remove the hotmail and outlook contacts. However when you try to add a contact you have to select outlook or hotmail as the contact type and then warns you because you have filtered them out you wont be able to see it. :(

MW

Man of Honour
There's another way. Its certainly possible as I've done it. Go ask in the 920 thread as that has far more users and it's a general wp8 question anyways.

Last edited:
Associate
I have my finger on the trigger, upgrading tomorrow and have loved the note, somewhat, but I'm not leaning towards the Note III. Maybe just want to tinker with something new, but also I loved my Nokia Communicators back-in-the-day and I find myself on the doorstep of this fellow.

SkyGo is niggling me a tad tonight lads, but should I just lie back and think of the camera?

Associate
Well it did no harm Andy, always nice to see it in the hand. Thanks.

Tell me this if you will, would you/do you use it as your main device and how did you cope coming from or having experience with the vast android market compared to the WM?

Soldato
Why does the Note 3 take so long to respond after tapping the Angry birds shortcut?

Is there anyway to speed up all WP animations these days? Including stuff like the browser scroll speed.
Sunspider has become a pointless browser 'optimisation' target btw.

Soldato
Tell me this if you will, would you/do you use it as your main device and how did you cope coming from or having experience with the vast android market compared to the WM?

Might be worth watching these, then let me know if I didn't cover something :)

One commentor has got annoyed that I say the app limitations isn't good, but I don't really see how you can deny it. No decent Dropbox app. No Google Apps. Many 'company' apps just not there.

Associate
Just got one of these. Luckily i use it for browsing. Facebook, piccys not much else. There's no proper 'file management' Downloaded files cant go in a separate folder.I lose files unless put direct to cloud. I have to link to mian pc to change Bluetooth phone name . Most settings are very very basic and there's loads of silly little annoying things The main reason i got it was for speed and slickness which it excels at but i really cannt recommend it as a high end device - great for cheapo units. Very happy with o2 nr manchester i know there's a recent thread saying how rubbish they are.

Soldato
Some of you may know, I'm usually an Android guy (well, I still am) but I thought it might be interesting to have a play with a Win Phone -

It's only on loan, but I'll get some sample video's comparisons and a review upload at some point next/this week.

To be honest, I didn't realise how big it was going to be. I looked up what the most recent Lumia was and asked for one. Kinda fits though, as I just had an Oppo N1 (5.9" screen) and my new daily driver is the Note 3.

Decent vid Andy, I liked the way you're discovering the phone with "us" rather than being the expert showing us what to do.

Soldato
Thanks. It annoys a lot of people and I sometimes wonder if it's right. Some people would prefer I was the 'expert'.

Imho both are valid at different times, for the cross over to windows it fits, if you're showing folk how to use a device the expert mode is apt.

Associate
After having this for about a fortnight I can't believe how quickly I've adapted to it's size, I don't have particularly massive hands but ai can just about get away with one handed use for certain stuff ( albeit rather precariously ).

The screen is sharp and clear, from what I've used of the camera it seems good too and the battery life is decent. Only issue I have up to yet is the touch screen, sometimes it a little unresponsive, presses when you go to drag so it can be annoying. Overall it suits my needs pretty much perfectly, got some decent games and music stuck on it so I'm happy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom