*** The Official Nokia Lumia 710 Thread ***

Soldato
If anyones after a case Amazon are doing the Nokia leather case for this for £15, its oos at the moment but they should get more in.

Caporegime
I'm really liking the phone and WP, but what's with the marketplace? It's baron!!! There's pretty much nothing going on. Is this down to how MS regulate app creation and stuff?

The best thing I've found so far is Wiztiles but that itself has an issue wereby it has to run the program itself to process the shortcut. :/

Associate
I'm really liking the phone and WP, but what's with the marketplace? It's baron!!! There's pretty much nothing going on. Is this down to how MS regulate app creation and stuff?

The best thing I've found so far is Wiztiles but that itself has an issue wereby it has to run the program itself to process the shortcut. :/

I wouldn't call 60,000 apps baron?

Soldato
Yea but barley any real quality ones, lots of key ones missing, like an official BBC news app, iPlayer, things like Soundcloud etc etc, Dropbox, all missing.

Soldato
Tempted to flog my Desire S and go for this. Is every Vodafone store doing this? Do you just go in and ask for it for £150 or is it officially out on PAYG for that price?

Soldato
Tempted to flog my Desire S and go for this. Is every Vodafone store doing this? Do you just go in and ask for it for £150 or is it officially out on PAYG for that price?

It looks like a good option for people wanting to buy a budget smartphone, but coming from a Desire S? Not really sure if you would class that as an 'upgrade'. It's subjective i guess...

Soldato
It looks like a good option for people wanting to buy a budget smartphone, but coming from a Desire S? Not really sure if you would class that as an 'upgrade'. It's subjective i guess...

Not really looking at it as an upgrade, but a change in OS. Couple of bugs with HTC Sense 3.0 that are annoying. My brother has an Optimus 7 and its very nice to use.

Soldato
Not really looking at it as an upgrade, but a change in OS. Couple of bugs with HTC Sense 3.0 that are annoying. My brother has an Optimus 7 and its very nice to use.

Rather than going all out and buying a completely different phone have you tried using a custom rom? Android becomes a completely different beast when you start tinkering. And it's pretty unique in that you're allowed to tinker. It's practically encouraged :D

Associate
Yea but barley any real quality ones, lots of key ones missing, like an official BBC news app, iPlayer, things like Soundcloud etc etc, Dropbox, all missing.

they create Application Request site if you want to vote and request for apps on windows phone
here is the link http://wprequests.uservoice.com/forums/149122-general

@Azza @ to any one who got windows phone congratulations welcome to windows phone club :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
they create Application Request site if you want to vote and request for apps on windows phone
here is the link http://wprequests.uservoice.com/forums/149122-general

@Azza @ to any one who got windows phone congratulations welcome to windows phone club :D

Hmmm, that's a bit of a weird way of doing things. Given how nice the UI is of WP I'd have thought an easier way of adding apps to the market would be something they'd do, because that's something that would expand their share of the market pretty rapidly. I didn't even realise there wasn't a Dropbox app until I tried searching for one before and that's actually really annoyed me. Just seems a bit silly how the marketplace is.

Associate
Hmmm, that's a bit of a weird way of doing things. Given how nice the UI is of WP I'd have thought an easier way of adding apps to the market would be something they'd do, because that's something that would expand their share of the market pretty rapidly. I didn't even realise there wasn't a Dropbox app until I tried searching for one before and that's actually really annoyed me. Just seems a bit silly how the marketplace is.

missing apps will comes eventually i think microsoft trying to push more for faster release by listening to what people want and taking care of it

beside windows phone says "Put People First " ;)

Caporegime
Hmmm my laptop can not find the drivers to install the phone and it's not found in Zune. Any ideas?

edit------>

All sorted, Windows was just taking ages to update.

Last edited:
Soldato
missing apps will comes eventually i think microsoft trying to push more for faster release by listening to what people want and taking care of it

beside windows phone says "Put People First " ;)

You say that, but it seems a bit of a catch 22 situation as developers arn't gonna waste resources developing apps for a OS with very low marketshare and people are gonna be resistant to using a OS with a weak choice in apps.

Associate
You say that, but it seems a bit of a catch 22 situation as developers arn't gonna waste resources developing apps for a OS with very low marketshare and people are gonna be resistant to using a OS with a weak choice in apps.

actually windows phone apps development are faster than android and similar or faster than ios when both start currently marketplace has 60000 apps 5000 or more each month submitted / added to the marketplace

i think the os is getting recognized more and more thanks to Microsoft / Nokia effort
it just need time

Last edited:
Caporegime
Update to Facebook app coming today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure how well this works because I haven't tried it.

How to Debrand Nokia Lumia 710

Tools needed
Nokia Care Suite 5.0.0 (2011.51.2) http://www.seidea.com/2011/12/28/nok...11-51-2-63048/
NaviFirm Plus - http://www.symbian-toys.com/navifirm.aspx

Once you have installed Nokia care suite, install the drivers package for your version of windows - Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Drivers WinUSB Drivers x86 or x64

Download the Firmware needed from Navifirm should be about 12 files.

1. Launch Nokia Care Suite and open Product Support Tool.
2. Disconnect all phones from the computer and Turn the phone off
3. Select No connection from the connection drop-down menu.
4. From File menu select Open Product.
5. Search for 710 and click Open. RM-803
6. Now connect the phone with it tunred off, it will restart and be detected by the care suite

With the files you downloaded from Navifirm put them in
C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\ create a folder called Rm-803 if its not there

Now you need to rename the product codes of .dcp / .bin / vpl files to match your device code found on the right of nokia care suite product support tool.

Now the files are in place click programming from the tool bar and select refurbish.

Job Done.

I hold no responsibility if you screw your phone up.

Caporegime
I do. :p A lot easier to look through photos, events.

Focus areas for the v2.3 release:

• News feed performance improvements
• New panorama design
• New profile design
• Banner Images
• Improved navigation
• Pages
• Groups
• View “likes”
• Feed filters
• Posting privacy
• Bug fixing

Pages and Groups are particularly a much needed addition.

Back
Top Bottom