Spec:

3.7" LCD Clearblack Display (800x480)
Qualcomm 1.4GHz Processor
512MB RAM
1300mAh battery
5 Megapixel Autofocus camera
8GB Internal Memory
A-GPS,Bluetooth,WLAN etc etc

The phone is very similar to Lumia 800 on the inside but has a completely different design and comes in at much cheaper price point.

The phone has a removable back cover and has various colours that you can interchange.

It comes with WP7.5 Mango.

Nokia URL: http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/products/phone/lumia710/

I've personally got one and really like it. It's nice to hold in the hand and is very light. Great phone.

Anyone else got/getting one?

Caporegime
Won't be bothering considering I already have an 800. Was tempted to get one for the GF, but they took that long to surface we went for the HTC Radar instead.

The lack of front facing camera on the 710 makes it problematic for future Windows Phone releases, as Microsoft were wanting to ensure that the Skype integration was spot-on, something they cannot do without front-facing cameras.

Soldato
My notes from testing said beast:

Requires MicroSIM, don't let the shops mess this up ;)
Reception/Signal quality is excellent (a Nokia trademark).
Specs are well over WP7 reference making the phone quick and responsive.
Rumour has it that this phone is going to be aggressive in pricing, I mean hyper "grab marketshare" type stuff. Good news for buyers.
Orange are selling it on PAYM/Business but I think it might have done better on PAYG to be honest, jury is out on this one for me.
Noise Cancelling probably works better on a plane, I didn't notice all that much personally.

Form factor fits the phone capabilities perfectly to me, just right in terms of size/performance/cost.

edit: As to the above, Skype F2F on a phone will always be horrendous, if it takes off I'll eat my shoe (having to hold the device so it faces you constantly, compression over radio networks isn't great with video, the vast majority of people worry about appearance when doing it and try to avoid doing it etc...).

Last edited:
Associate
Supposedly you can get this on payg in store on vodafone for £150, was posted on hotdeals yesterday, you have to ask in store and they will do it there. Good deal for this phone. Personally too little storage for me my podcasts take up about 6 7gb then about the same for my music, my 16gb omnia7 has like 200mb free. But would be good for the misses she has about 2gb of music and thats it.

Associate
Supposedly you can get this on payg in store on vodafone for £150, was posted on hotdeals yesterday, you have to ask in store and they will do it there. Good deal for this phone. Personally too little storage for me my podcasts take up about 6 7gb then about the same for my music, my 16gb omnia7 has like 200mb free. But would be good for the misses she has about 2gb of music and thats it.

Apparently they are doing unlocked versions at present until the actual PAYG versions come into store.

I'll be popping along later today to see if i can pick one up. Anyone know how much they cost to unlock on voda?

Soldato
Won't be bothering considering I already have an 800. Was tempted to get one for the GF, but they took that long to surface we went for the HTC Radar instead.

The lack of front facing camera on the 710 makes it problematic for future Windows Phone releases, as Microsoft were wanting to ensure that the Skype integration was spot-on, something they cannot do without front-facing cameras.

I thought the 800 lacked the front facing camera too?

Caporegime
800 & 710s use micro SIMs?

Can you just cut a sim with a cutter like iPhone style or would it be best for me to go into a T-mobile store to get one?

Soldato
OP
We use proper SIM cutters at work, some of the SIMs can't be done however as the actual sim part is too big. I cut mine and works fine.

Yes, both use Micro SIMs.

Caporegime
Right just got in with one.

She said they had 1 left, had a look then come back out and said it wasn't PAYG and they weren't selling ones on PAYG. Asked the other woman, who I think was more supervisor person if she could just me the box only one and she said it was fine. Box is all Nokia branded but there is a Vodafone flash thing when I turn it on.

Is there any way to check it if it is unlocked before I go chopping up my sim card?

edit------>

Well it didn't work with the SIM they gave me, I shall try another one.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah it does.

I cut down 2 other sims and an O2 one says 'unrecognised' and my old Vodafone one says 'no service'. I just don't fancy cutting down my T-mobile one to find it's locked and have to ring up Vodafone and wait for them to unlock it. And be left with no phone.

Back
Top Bottom