***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
Has anyone received their order from Cyberport?
Thinking of ordering a white one.

Looks like i'll be leaving my Google services behind and using Windows stuff when i get it. Will miss Google Maps, Email, Calender and Google Drive.
Is Bing the default map app on these handsets? Or is it Nokia's? Seriously wish GoogleMaps was on there with its streetview and my saved addresses.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone received their order from Cyberport?
Thinking of ordering a white one.

Looks like i'll be leaving my Google services behind and using Windows stuff when i get it. Will miss Google Maps, Email, Calender and Google Drive.
Is Bing the default map app on these handsets? Or is it Nokia's? Seriously wish GoogleMaps was on there with its streetview and my saved addresses.

You can use Google mail for email, contacts etc with the Windows Phone.

There are some Google Maps apps, not free though.

Soldato
I would be surprised if Google didn't produce their apps for Windows Phone 8 at some point, they like to get their services on as many platforms as possible.

Associate
I would be surprised if Google didn't produce their apps for Windows Phone 8 at some point, they like to get their services on as many platforms as possible.

There is a Google search app by them. It's just not very in keeping with the style of WP apps, no flipping right to see different categories.

Associate
ee have put their prices up for 12 month contracts. Phone is now £150

So, since ordering my phone from P4U they have stopped selling the 12 month contracts and the handset cost on 12 month contracts has increased. P4U have also not taken any money from my account, so I'll not be surprised to receive an email telling me they can't honour the original price...

Soldato
Im seriously considering cancelling my cyberport order and ordering a cyan from bestbuy in the states and going for an unlock of some form or another...

What's the name of a good site where they buy the phone with a US postal address and then ship it to you? Ive found one, but they are pretty pricey

Last edited:

kbc

kbc

Associate
Im seriously considering cancelling my cyberport order and ordering a cyan from bestbuy in the states and going for an unlock of some form or another...

What's the name of a good site where they buy the phone with a US postal address and then ship it to you? Ive found one, but they are pretty pricey

Bundlebox.com ? Cyan version already available in the US, locked with AT&T ?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Hi Andy, I'm not very familiar with the world of firmware and sim locking etc, but does this mean you think it's possible to relatively easily unlock a EE lumia 920 from say P4U to work with any network? Thanks :)

It depends on how the phone is locked, if its locked by software I simple re-flash of the phone will remove the lock. However, if the phone is locked at a hardware level a code is normally needed to remove the network sim lock, which is often the case with Orange handsets in the past. I'd need someone to test this for me. :)

De-Branding the phone, in itself is pretty straight forward and is relevantly low risk. However, as which anything there is still I risk you can bork the handset but that said, Nokia Care tools are pretty easy and straight forward to use. As the normal process is download the firmware from Nokia DPM / Navifirm+ and then flash to the handset but it you are changing the software on the phone you need to rename a few files. It will be the same procedure as the one I wrote for the Lumia 800.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Worked out a little bit cheaper. Yeah I just just log in with my UK one

Just looked at my Credit Card online and it looks like its cost £497.19 including shipping from Cyberport.de which is only £37.20 more than P4U for a fully unlocked handset.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
[RXP]Andy;23116372 said:
Just looked at my Credit Card online and it looks like its cost £497.19 including shipping from Cyberport.de which is only £37.20 more than P4U for a fully unlocked handset.

How much of that is VAT/TAX? And can it be reclaimed like UK VAT?

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23116372 said:

I checked with the Visa Europe exchange site and got about £510 for Cyberport and £504 for Amazon. Just thought Amazon might get more stock in. Take it your card isn't a VISA?

Soldato
Bundlebox.com ? Cyan version already available in the US, locked with AT&T ?

Nice one
Im trying to find out whether the cyan SIM free handset is locked to AT&T or whether the SIM free one is unlocked or should I say unlockable :p

Edit

Had an email from cyberport - expected ship date is the 15th

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom