***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
Given the price increases tothe 12month plans, the 8GB probably looks about the best value now.

GB Plan Phone Total Total/12
0.5 46 240 792 66.00
1 51 200 812 67.67
3 56 160 832 69.33
5 61 110 842 70.17
8 66 70 862 71.83

Associate
That's insane value, using http://www.bundlebox.com
And 1.5kilio 12"x12"x6" boxed size/weight you get.
Is it locked?

I just tried to checkout on AT&T and there is a big issue. A plan is required to place your order

Cheapest plan is $29/month for over 65s :) and there is an activation fee of $36.00

I assume they will take plan payment every month so this is a no go deal. Each phone also has AT&T branding at the top.

Not as good deal as it first looked. Going to stick with my Amazon.de order.

Soldato
Just spent 10 minutes playing with the 920 & 8X and decision made I'll be getting the 920. I'll admit that that 8X is a nicer phone to hold but the extra functionality of the 920 has won me across. Regarding the weight comparing it to my Lumia 800 (one in each hand) I could feel the extra weight but on it's own it doesn't feel too heavy and I managed to put it in my jeans pocket without them falling down so for me it's fine. Having said that I have man sized hands and I'm not so sure my fiancé would find it acceptable.

Conclusion, for me so long as you are not an 8 stone weakling the 920s size/weight is fine. If you are then the 8X is a lovely alternative.

Soldato
Oh FFS, I seriously can't believe they've just jacked the 12 month prices up like that.

Seriously unbelievable. What a bunch of **** wits. EE/Nokia it's a total shambles.

I'm back to square 1, no idea what I'm going to do now.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
Well I have decided against EE. I have just bought a Three sim card and I am getting 10mb down and 1mb up. Not far off 4G speeds.

In terms of phones, I think I am just going to get the S3. Nokia have peed me off too.

What a shambles of a launch ey!

Soldato
I just tried to checkout on AT&T and there is a big issue. A plan is required to place your order

Cheapest plan is $29/month for over 65s :) and there is an activation fee of $36.00

I assume they will take plan payment every month so this is a no go deal. Each phone also has AT&T branding at the top.

Not as good deal as it first looked. Going to stick with my Amazon.de order.

Need to use bestbuy, not AT&T

http://goo.gl/CH99v

That's insane value, using http://www.bundlebox.com
And 1.5kilio 12"x12"x6" boxed size/weight you get.
Is it locked?

Im guessing that it is and that is the only thing holding me back for now as we don't know the time it will take before the hack to unlock it comes out?

Man of Honour
Need to use bestbuy, not AT&T

http://goo.gl/CH99v

Im guessing that it is and that is the only thing holding me back for now as we don't know the time it will take before the hack to unlock it comes out?

Best buy is 599 sim free. AT&T isn't sim free at all, you need a tarrif.

So best buy one, is £505 after shipping, tax etc.

Which will be locked, found one site saying they can unlock AT&T on lumia 920 but its $79.99 to do so.

So ze Germans are still the best bet, unless you want cyan.

Soldato
Best buy is 599 sim free. AT&T isn't sim free at all, you need a tarrif.

So best buy one, is £505 after shipping, tax etc.

Which will be locked, found one site saying they can unlock AT&T on lumia 920 but its $79.99 to do so.

So ze Germans are still the best bet, unless you want cyan.

Can you share the unlock code site?
Im seriously considering this as I want a cyan 920

Associate
I've been reading this thread for a few days and thought I'd de-lurk.

I originally ordered the Lumia in black (boring I know but I wanted a matte colour) from EE on their 12 month, 51 quid contract. However for goodness knows what reason I failed their credit check - the highest they would offer me was 46 quid per month, even though I offered to pay the entire contract price up front. Madness. So I cancelled.

Since then, I decided that I was happyish paying about 37 quid per month for a smartphone, as this is what I paid for an iphone with a higher upfront cost. With the P4U quidco cashback, this means that I effectively pay 21 quid over two years for 4G on the 41 quid 24 month contract. Not a great total cost over two years, but one I can probably live with.

As for the weight, I prefer heavier phones - I found the iphone a bit light after an Omnia HD, and having played briefly with a (sadly turned off) demo model, I think I'm going to like the 920.

I've never seen a launch handled quite this badly though ...

Associate
Blah. I'm getting tired of this now. I've cancelled so many pre-orders now. It would have been nice to have received my new phone as I'm away from home working this weekend.

There does seem to be no ideal solution to getting this phone.

Associate
I think by next week things will start flowing a lot smoother. It's just a waiting game now. I've ordered a red 920 from Cyberport and crossing fingers and toes that I happen to be in the first batch they receive.

Back
Top Bottom