***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Caporegime
Hmmm hope that rumoured price isn't right, thought it might be lower than that. WP8 will be the deciding factor, and if there are simple features that WP7.x doesn't have that make me sigh every time I use my phone. :D

Associate
Hmmm hope that rumoured price isn't right, thought it might be lower than that. WP8 will be the deciding factor, and if there are simple features that WP7.x doesn't have that make me sigh every time I use my phone. :D

I thought they had addressed the short comings/missing features that WP7 debuted with in the later versions.

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting a Lumia 920 and upgrading to Windows 8 at the same time. Hopefully I won't regret that decision. Although from what I have read Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 will be a good match.

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting a Lumia 920 and upgrading to Windows 8 at the same time. Hopefully I won't regret that decision. Although from what I have read Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 will be a good match.

From what I gather it just has skydrive built in..so no real advantage over slapping google drive on your phone and pc? =/

Caporegime
I thought they had addressed the short comings/missing features that WP7 debuted with in the later versions.

For example... opening tabs in the background in IE... you'd have thought so. Not being able to do that gets on your nerves pretty quickly!

Associate
For example... opening tabs in the background in IE... you'd have thought so. Not being able to do that gets on your nerves pretty quickly!

WP7.5 has tabs, unless you mean not being able to open them in one click like on WP7?

Either way in WP8 you can customize the refresh/stop button to either be refresh/stop or tabs or favourites.

Caporegime
As in being able to open and load a tab in the background. When you open a new tab up it takes you right to that tab. So for example if you're reading an article which has links to other stories, you have to keep pressing menu ----> tabs ----> original tab just to get back to the original article.

I think opening multiple threads on the forums, so it's a big pain having to go back to open another, then back to open another etc.

Associate

That is annoying. I never use safari on my iphone, as it feels awkward or something. Opera on the other hand is brilliant, I've had upwards of 30 tabs open on it with no issues, it will load tabs in the background etc. and you can search for words on a page. (however very very rarely I come across a page that has a function that just doesn't like to work in opera)

Is Opera a viable alternative on WP?

Soldato
Engadget updated their test as well to include the S3 ( horrible colours and what's with the red cast over all the surfaces, not as good metering)
And the HTC 1X looked a disaster to me, not even sure if it has any way to meter lighting at all.

Associate
Why oh why is there not a 64gb version of this phone coming out? I would dearly love one but 32gb is not enough space for me.

You would think, that with the ability to download maps for offline use that they would have given a 64GB option to compensate when it comes to media users.

Man of Honour
I reckon there will be just like cyan.
Either they are saving it for the launch party, or saving for new year to get more sales. In the normal lull after Xmas period.

Back
Top Bottom