***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

• Thread starter Thread starter RSR
  • Start date Start date
Any improvement on the battery life Andy? I'm still dealing with random battery drain. Some days I get home from work with 70-80% battery, which is great, others, it's nearly dead when I leave the office at 5:30. I still haven't been able to work it out. A restart always fixes it if I notice it's draining quickly, but I can't pin down the cause.

Any improvement on the battery life Andy? I'm still dealing with random battery drain. Some days I get home from work with 70-80% battery, which is great, others, it's nearly dead when I leave the office at 5:30. I still haven't been able to work it out. A restart always fixes it if I notice it's draining quickly, but I can't pin down the cause.

I never seem to have any problems with battery life to be honest. However, that said I am not what I would class a heavy user. Id say the average daily usage is around 30mins / 1 hour phone calls, few texts, 2/3 hours web use and around 2/3 hours music use. The phone itself seems to last about 1/2 days normally.

IE wont load pages via ip and port.. Weak ! Im finding more and more issues with this phone, came into it with a positive attitude and i'm being disheartened left right and center.

[RXP]Andy;23950959 said:
I never seem to have any problems with battery life to be honest. However, that said I am not what I would class a heavy user. Id say the average daily usage is around 30mins / 1 hour phone calls, few texts, 2/3 hours web use and around 2/3 hours music use. The phone itself seems to last about 1/2 days normally.

That's more than I use mine :(

Has there been any updates to windows phone 8 recently? In particular interested to see if they've sorted out that monolithic volume control.

That feature is still currently present in the latest build. However, since its release in Nov the Lumia 920 has had 3/4/5 firmware updates depending on the model / carrier branding.

The current firmware 1232.5957.1308.00xx, which is currently in the process of being rolled out at the moment.

Not a huge number no. I suspect it has something to do with my work WiFi. The battery meter seems to indicate that it starts draining quickly when I get to work. Sometimes our work WiFi doesn't connect to the web and needs a reboot, so I think maybe the phone assumes if it's connected to WiFi it can sync and just keeps trying all day. Just a theory though. I remember something about Facebook draining it quickly if it fails to sync, so it could be a combo of those two.

Not a huge number no. I suspect it has something to do with my work WiFi. The battery meter seems to indicate that it starts draining quickly when I get to work. Sometimes our work WiFi doesn't connect to the web and needs a reboot, so I think maybe the phone assumes if it's connected to WiFi it can sync and just keeps trying all day. Just a theory though. I remember something about Facebook draining it quickly if it fails to sync, so it could be a combo of those two.

I have my Wi-Fi set to always on. I uninstalled that battery meter application a while ago, as it read that the phone doesn't correctly go into a sleep mode. It was also ironically causing my poor battery life.

I don't really use FB, so I am unable to advise on that.

Oh, that's the one I use, don't suppose you know where you read it stopped the phone sleeping properly?

What do you use instead, I've just deleted it!

Back
Top Bottom