***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

• Thread starter Thread starter RSR
  • Start date Start date
Doesn't mean anything. They've already said wp8 phones will get wp9 update.
So it just mans if you do t update you won't get support.

We'll be on 8.8 by then, pointless MS supporting the people who refuse to upgrade their OS.

7.5/7.8 users were on the old kernel, 8 has the NT kernel in it so I should expect upgrades for the foreseeable future.

Giving 2 years support for a mobile OS is pretty good, its about as much as you get on an iPhone

OK, that's my fears allayed :)
I thought as much but I'd not had the time to read any further into it.

I tried Nokia Drive/Here Drive+ Beta (whatever they're calling it) for the first time earlier and found it very laggy in comparison to Google Navigation. It's only on a Lumia 620 admittedly, but was expecting much better performance after reading some glowing reviews of Nokia Drive.

Were you running any thing in the background? When you leave apps, leave by pressing back and not the Windows button.

On my Lumia 920, I've not had an issue with lag. Drove North and South England with never an issue.

It was synched with my car stereo, handy it was playing tunes from it... When it wouldnt pause for 4 seconds after each track is.. Still that only lasted a few days then it wouldnt sync at all, reset the car stereo - nada. Doing a software reset on the phone now..

If only it'd just work like, dare i say it again, Ios...

Were you running any thing in the background? When you leave apps, leave by pressing back and not the Windows button.

On my Lumia 920, I've not had an issue with lag. Drove North and South England with never an issue.

No, nothing running in the background. Seemed like the little green arrow was stuttering down the road as opposed to the smooth movement of the arrow in Google Nav.

No, nothing running in the background. Seemed like the little green arrow was stuttering down the road as opposed to the smooth movement of the arrow in Google Nav.

That doesn't sound right at all, mines always been very smooth to use, even since WP7.

Also on a side note, Autotrader app is now live and its pretty impressive much more visually impressive than the Android / IOS version.

Update news:

Even though FM Radio was supported in Windows Phone 7.x devices, Microsoft didn’t support the feature in Windows Phone 8 OS so far. It was reported that Microsoft didn’t have time to port the support to the new platform. There were reports that Microsoft is working to bring back FM support to Windows Phone 8 devices. The Verge reported that Microsoft will enable FM Radio support for compatible devices such as Lumia 920, Lumia 820 in the upcoming General Distribution Release (GDR2) update for Windows Phone 8. The update in expected in May-June time frame.

Nokia is also planning to bring no.of improvements as part of this release such as double-tap the screen to wake the device from standby, flip to silence option, and Lumia color profile settings for the device screen.

Link >>> Click Here

I don't think they are taking their time, some more updates coming to W8 desktop bringing more features to the core stuff, just seems the really where pushed for time and ran out so are playing catchup with a lot of things.
Kinda shows as Nokia had the phones sitting with the hardware in their phones just wasnt supported at the time.

Wait and see I'd guess.

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=28421347

Incidentally the WCN3660 chipset also provides support for both FM transceiver (FM transmitter) and WiFi Display (streaming video) functionality, but Nokia is not, currently, using this in its Lumia devices. That seems a shame, especially in the case of FM transmitter, as it is a much loved feature on some on Nokia's Symbian devices and might help Nokia convert its existing customer to its new smartphone line up.

The last 3 digits are completely irrelevant. It is the 5 digits before that matter. Portico is xxxx.xxxx.1249.1xxx. The last 3 will change depending on where you got your device from and doesn't have anything to do with firmware versions.

Back
Top Bottom