***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

• Thread starter Thread starter RSR
  • Start date Start date
Oh, that's the one I use, don't suppose you know where you read it stopped the phone sleeping properly?

What do you use instead, I've just deleted it!

I'll see if I can dig it out, it was a while ago now, so it may have been patched.

I don't really use anything to be honest.

Looking at the reviews, a lot of people moan about Battery level for WP8.

I've just installed "Battery" by Matthew, better reviews and some better features.

My mistake, it's "Battery" by Arthur Semenov, 686 reviews, 4.5/5

Much better than the one I had previously, I quite like the low battery indicator. Set it to like 30% and it beeps when it hits it, and every 1% drop.

I thought as much at first but its not. I thought about getting the ad free upgrade straight away but thought I'd wait and see and it's fine. I get about a day and a half with moderate use.

[RXP]Andy;23966320 said:
BlackBerry Z10 vs Lumia 920 video showdown

Pretty Cringworthy

Ouch... even the tests that it "won" were debatable! It looked dreadfully slow and unresponsive. It also looked very Android/iOS samey in the use of icons.

Windows Phone is different and interesting!

Ouch... even the tests that it "won" were debatable! It looked dreadfully slow and unresponsive. It also looked very Android/iOS samey in the use of icons.

Windows Phone is different and interesting!

Assuming that wasn't a dodgy phone that backberrry really does look like a heap of ****. And that putting it as nicely as possible, slow, unresponsive, turd.

Microsft ending Windows Phone 8 support in July 2014 - http://paritynews.com/software/item/849-microsoft-ending-windows-phone-8-support-in-july-2014

Now I assume that means the next iteration of Windows Phone will be out before then. But I'm not sure what this means to users like me who are tied into a 2 year contract. Will we be able to upgrade our 920s to the latest version or will we be stuck on an old OS, like 7.5/7.8 users?

Doesn't mean anything. They've already said wp8 phones will get wp9 update.
So it just mans if you do t update you won't get support.

Microsft ending Windows Phone 8 support in July 2014 - http://paritynews.com/software/item/849-microsoft-ending-windows-phone-8-support-in-july-2014

Now I assume that means the next iteration of Windows Phone will be out before then. But I'm not sure what this means to users like me who are tied into a 2 year contract. Will we be able to upgrade our 920s to the latest version or will we be stuck on an old OS, like 7.5/7.8 users?

We'll be on 8.8 by then, pointless MS supporting the people who refuse to upgrade their OS.

Well mine has had to go back to phones4u again.

Went to bed the other night and woke in the morning to a totally dead phone. Tried charging but it was looping on and off, tried a soft reset after about an hour of it looping and it is now totally dead :-(

7.5/7.8 users were on the old kernel, 8 has the NT kernel in it so I should expect upgrades for the foreseeable future.

Giving 2 years support for a mobile OS is pretty good, its about as much as you get on an iPhone

Well mine has had to go back to phones4u again.

Went to bed the other night and woke in the morning to a totally dead phone. Tried charging but it was looping on and off, tried a soft reset after about an hour of it looping and it is now totally dead :-(

A lot of people had problems last night. My phones been problem free since day 1.

Last night, I noticed the battery was being hammered... tappety tapped the back button to close everything, woke up to find the battery saver on and the phone down to 10%.

I did notice there was a Network+ update today, but it's been fine today.

Back
Top Bottom