***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Izi

Izi

Soldato

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
As long as phone it good on Friday, I will post a load of sample images as well as if I can run my Vodafone sim in it.

Associate
Given the colour options available its a bit disappointing that EE are only offering it in black and white! I was hoping that we'd get the matt cyan version over here as it looks fantastic but it appears not. Such a shame :(

Associate
I have played with the Lumia 920 and just inside the demo room the camera was fantastic.

Those reviewers clearly don't know how to use the camera if they don't find it impressive.

Associate
In my maths I worked it out to be little difference between potentially going SIM-free and going EE contract, so I caved and ordered the contract.

I blame the sugar rush from the big tub of sweets I'm *having* to eat, due to lack of trick or treaters :p

Soldato
I'm shallow I really want wireless charging as well as I destroy charging cables like they go out of fashion. Although the 8s is the best looking wp8. Also as I'm being forced to use a big phone, might as well go large screen. It's used more for film and Internet than it is as a phone. In fact the phone function although vital is well down the list in terms of usage.
But yes the 8s is a very capable phone.

I somehow managed to break a charging cable once 1 month, I have no clue how but they just break :(.

Also these 920 reviews saying the camera sucks, its either some defect or they just can't take a photo. The one thing Nokia does better then anyway is phone cameras and I whole heartily believe that once you see this thing from a proper sites like GSM arena were they have a proper photo test suite we will see this thing jump well in front of the competition and set a steep standard for everyone in 2013/14 to catch up too.

Adter the 920 drops a phone without IOS is DOA I would predict, if they successfully market it.

Associate
In my maths I worked it out to be little difference between potentially going SIM-free and going EE contract, so I caved and ordered the contract.

I blame the sugar rush from the big tub of sweets I'm *having* to eat, due to lack of trick or treaters :p

I noticed that TCB are offering £75 for Phones4u for the next four days, I dont know if they would still work with the phone not being out mind.

kbc

kbc

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23075162 said:
As long as phone it good on Friday, I will post a load of sample images as well as if I can run my Vodafone sim in it.

Please do! If it works with a Vodafone sim, I'll be down P4U for the weekend and picking one of these up.

Associate
I think the camera issue is a case of hype vs reality. By that I mean they expect that pointing a good camera at a poor scene will somehow produce a great photograph.

It is a mistake I have made when I bought an SLR camera. I expected somehow that the images would be better. They are sharper, more detailed but if you take a photograph of something on a grey dull overcast day then why on earth are you expecting bright vivid colours?

It is nearly November, this time of year isn't renowned for it's suitability for landscape photography.

Maybe the out of box set up isn't optimal either. Colour balance is subjective too and unless you've calibrated your screen with a colour calibration device then you can't really say one camera is correct and another incorrect.

Good photography is about good light, that's what you are capturing. I know that now, but it took me a lot of reading photography books :)

Soldato
I think the camera issue is a case of hype vs reality. By that I mean they expect that pointing a good camera at a poor scene will somehow produce a great photograph.

It is a mistake I have made when I bought an SLR camera. I expected somehow that the images would be better. They are sharper, more detailed but if you take a photograph of something on a grey dull overcast day then why on earth are you expecting bright vivid colours?

It is nearly November, this time of year isn't renowned for it's suitability for landscape photography.

Maybe the out of box set up isn't optimal either. Colour balance is subjective too and unless you've calibrated your screen with a colour calibration device then you can't really say one camera is correct and another incorrect.

Good photography is about good light, that's what you are capturing.

I think the GSMarena test will have that covered, not only do they take normal test shots but they have a lot of controlled tests too. I really like them when it comes to comparing cameras.

Associate
I think the GSMarena test will have that covered, not only do they take normal test shots but they have a lot of controlled tests too. I really like them when it comes to comparing cameras.

I'm waiting for dpreview to give a whirl, they know what they're doing unlike trusted reviews who (in my experience) can't be trusted, at least with cameras.

Back
Top Bottom