***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Man of Honour
Anyone after a cheap QI charger, I bought this one and it seems pretty sturdy. I have nothing to test it with yet. I'll probably put a soft cover over it, don't fancy paying £40 extra for a cushion.

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/...tml?_$ja=tsid:11518|cat:27300559|prd:27300559

Review here, although you can just order the charger on its own, no need for a sleeve:

http://tech-reviews.co.uk/reviews/maxell-air-voltage-wireless-qi-charging-mat-and-sleeve-review/2/

The official charging plate is only £5 more and can get matching colour.
Also more interested in the stand with NFC. So place on to recharge at night and auto opens a clock app. And that's only £15 more at £55

Associate
The official charging plate is only £5 more and can get matching colour.
Also more interested in the stand with NFC. So place on to recharge at night and auto opens a clock app. And that's only £15 more at £55

It's £15 more (RRP) and is smaller. I would rather have a big plate where I can place the phone onto it and not worry about the phone falling off.

This is going on my bedside table for overnight charging, so I could easily knock the phone off the Nokia charger when going to cancel my alarm clock.

Colour is irrelevant as I'm going to cover it with something soft.

Associate
Ordered the red one off the germans, shipping via DHL standard, so hopefully not too long to wait!

[RXP]Andy;23086253 said:
This looks a good thread to keep a eye on. Click Here

"Phazeshifterz" seems to work for this company.

Interesting. I was after a Grey one but i may have to settle for Black. Ive looked through that thread 3 times now but are we sure this is a sim free job?

Associate
Fast app switching is still JPEG-compressed screenshots and reloading apps :p
No idea when they'll implement it fully, we all know it's NT based, for me WP8 is the big disappointment.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that functionally the fast resume is the same as iOS, in either case the app is suspended in the background and can/will resume when launched again?

Man of Honour
It's £15 more (RRP) and is smaller. I would rather have a big plate where I can place the phone onto it and not worry about the phone falling off.

This is going on my bedside table for overnight charging, so I could easily knock the phone off the Nokia charger when going to cancel my alarm clock.

Colour is irrelevant as I'm going to cover it with something soft.

RRP doesn't mean much. It can be had for £45.

Just note that unless a unit has multiple coils, it will still need lining up.

Associate
Is it possible to buy the 920 from somewhere else in Europe so thats it's fully unlocked and works on any network? As i understand it the sim-free version only works with EE sims. Such a bad business decision.

Caporegime
Is it possible to buy the 920 from somewhere else in Europe so thats it's fully unlocked and works on any network? As i understand it the sim-free version only works with EE sims. Such a bad business decision.

Read the past couple of pages about buying from Germany.

Soldato
Ive just ordered a black one from Cyberport. For the sake of afew days extra i will save that extra £100.

I hope this works!

Looking about the web Cyberport.de seem like a trusted legit site so I feel you can have confidence in them delivering your phone without hassle. Only problem I can see is if your phone needs support from them or has an issue.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Looking about the web Cyberport.de seem like a trusted legit site so I feel you can have confidence in them delivering your phone without hassle. Only problem I can see is if your phone needs support from them or has an issue.

As per Phazeshifterz comment:

you have 14 day´s to return the phone without any reasons. And you have 2 years nokia warranty. for more informations, feel free to contact us via mail

Info: [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom