***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Randomly Handtec have emailed me today to say my Charger plate has been shipped?!?!?

That's pretty good. All I have so far is:

Thank you for your purchase with Handtec..

This email is to notify you that your order has passed all security checks.

Your order is ready to be processed according to your selected delivery options and subject to stock availability.

Once your order is shipped you should receive tracking via email.

Please keep your order number safe for future reference to your purchase.

Soldato
[RXP]Andy;23100445 said:
I thought they are going to send another email once its been sent? I do have the order number under that mind.

hmm maybe im reading it wrong, but I thought it was reading like "once we have stock THEN we will send you a sperate email".

As in, we DO have stock so have sent it with this email.

Soldato
I found this an interesting read: http://wpsuperfanboy.com/news.php?post_id=697

Not because it criticises people saying bad things about the phone, but that it highlights that said people are treating the negativities differently to how they have done for Android/iOS!

Time is going to be the judge here, and im talking about a week or so, as soon as most of us here start getting out hands on one we will be able to judge for ourselves with various real world usage pics, and esp about the weight/ size issues they keep hammering about.

If it doesnt live up to the badness ( for want of a better word) that they seem to exaggerate ( if they are exaggerating) those sites are going to take a hammering in terms of reputation.

Associate
well.... here is my story:

I was told it would be the 1st or the 3rd of nov from p4u for sim free. 2nd was my birthday :p
then they said no, not until the 9th and no more sim free! THAT REALLY annoyed me. its like why? I bought the lumia 900 4 months ago sim free. why cant I get this one sim free?

i DID take a picture of the ad saying sim free and the cost. I could probably easily go to watchdog or something and say they were advertising it and no longer available... NOR did they say "subject to change" or anything.

I just switched to vodafone 1 month ago. not happy with the bill for a number of reasons but whatever.... I was with t-mobile for a few years but had to change due to ridiculous international roaming costs.

but anyway, I really want a SIM FREE 920. I was leaning for the HTC 8X but the 920 swayed me because of the double storage and better camera and just that... ive got a lumia 900, thought id keep the same type of range.

Associate
Not yet as Im not quite sure what I want, they are expensive, and Im scanning ebay for cheaper options :D

Depends what you want. A QI charger can be had for £39.99 on Play.com.

The Fatboy is a bit overpriced for a cushion with a charge plate stuffed inside it. I haven't spent £79 on pillows for my head, so why would I spend that on one for a phone.

Stuff like car kits and charger are just a waste of cash given their short lifespan. Best not to spend much on them.

Soldato
4G is a waste of time for most of us. All around where I live there's loads of EE posters, go online check my postcode, no 4G coverage. Nice one.

kbc

kbc

Associate
4G is a waste of time for most of us. All around where I live there's loads of EE posters, go online check my postcode, no 4G coverage. Nice one.

They've plastered the posters all over the London Underground... great, so finally 4G on the tube. Awesome! :o

Associate
one more thing: why exclusive to EE? 4G is not even rolled out everywhere! so its a waste of money. premature and thoughtless decision.

Simple, EE has about a 6 month period of exclusivity of 4G. None of the other operators will be live until then.

So if you're pitching 4G phones you would go with the one and only operator doing 4G.

Personally I find it pretty amazing anyone can find out anything from EE's website, it's got to be one of the worst examples of web design I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom