***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
I quite liked the Kevin Bacon ad :p but yeah it is misleading how they're doing all that data intensive stuff for which the base 500MB package is wholly inadequate. Someone posted an article from Gizmodo where a guy had been using 4G for 4 days, was very interesting.

Associate
Yeah I know. It's just there hasn't been any proper information that they'd be available from T-Mobile or Orange directly before.

Phones4U are selling them on 3G tariffs. I imagine EE know that forcing a 4G contract on someone who can't get 4G is pretty daft.

They will also want the 4G service to get the phone first before all of the 3G services as they know early adopters tend to pay more.

Associate
What are the chances of P4U refusing to sell the device sim free? I called on Saturday for an 8X for my girlfriend and they said they were only willing to sell it in black and even had to go and check to make sure they had enough for contracts. I have a feeling there's going to be an even bigger mess when they arrive in store.

Associate
What are the chances of P4U refusing to sell the device sim free? I called on Saturday for an 8X for my girlfriend and they said they were only willing to sell it in black and even had to go and check to make sure they had enough for contracts. I have a feeling there's going to be an even bigger mess when they arrive in store.

I believe that the latest story is that p4u will not have any that are sim free. All lumia 920 are locked to EE/orange/tmob. It wouldn't surprise me if this is the cause of the delay because Nokia found the amount of people wanted a sum free so they had to lock them for EE.

For sim fee I believe you will have to order from Germany like several of us have done!

Associate
I didn't mean network unlocked, I meant sim-free as in "without a sim." I'm with T-Mobile so it being network locked to EE/T/Orange isn't an issue (to me), but P4U refusing to sell one because they want to save them for contracts, is.

Associate
Cheers. Well think i am just gonna go for it from them. Im not waiting till the 19th and dont want to spend £400 on an 8x when its not really my first choice.

Soldato
The guy from that shonky phone-master site rang back and advised me that the grey lumia wouldn't be available until the 16th at the earliest as Nokia have recalled a shedload of units back to HK as there are issues with the globalisation settings where you set the region apparently - no idea how true this is...

Associate
The guy from that shonky phone-master site rang back and advised me that the grey lumia wouldn't be available until the 16th at the earliest as Nokia have recalled a shedload of units back to HK as there are issues with the globalisation settings where you set the region apparently - no idea how true this is...

Here's my email for phone-master:

Dear Dan

Thank you for contacting Phone Master UK

The Nokia Lumia 920 will be available at our warehouse from the 12th of November based on our suppliers ETA.

It’s unlocked to all UK network including EE and it’s set UK specification model.

If you do have any further questions, please contact our sales team via [email protected]

Kind Regards

Sales Rep (SR6112)
Sales Team
[email protected]
Phone Master UK
www.phone-master.co.uk
Tel: 020 3286 5052

Soldato

Sounds about right. Someone on here mentioned that EE told them the handset failed testing, and the scene in stores suggests a last-minute delay. No chance would they plan to have PoS up, display units assembled and dummy units on display 10 days before a handset is launched. It seems quite evident to me that there's been some major problem, which is probably why nobody knows anything concrete and why there's a plethora of dates being fired around the place.

Plus, it's a Nokia launch. That's probably the strongest clue of the lot. Is there a single major handset launch that they haven't messed up?

Soldato
I have got an email from CyberPort about security checks and they are asking for details from my card and a copy of my passport etc!
What the hell is that about?

Associate
I have got an email from CyberPort about security checks and they are asking for details from my card and a copy of my passport etc!
What the hell is that about?

It's so you don't buy the phone with a stolen card. I've had to photograph a copy of my passport before for a mass CD-Key company. It sounds pretty daunting but there's nothing they can do with it other than see you have a passport in your name.

Back
Top Bottom