***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
Phones4U have the 8X available for £380 sim free, which is cheaper than what I can find online. I could order the Lumia 920 from Cyberport, but it'll cost about £500, just can't work out if the Lumia is worthy of another £120?

Soldato
Depends, can you wait till some of us get one?..I intend to be quite frank about it.

The os doesn't look different much really so if you are happy with that, for me comes down to the wireless charging for handiness, and mostly the camera, and worked as a professional photographer and still do a lot of work within it, so will b elooking for certain qualities ( whist keeping in mind..its a freaking mobile phone of course lol)

kbc

kbc

Associate
Phones4U have the 8X available for £380 sim free, which is cheaper than what I can find online. I could order the Lumia 920 from Cyberport, but it'll cost about £500, just can't work out if the Lumia is worthy of another £120?

There's a few reasons why I haven't opted for the 8X, it only has 16GB of internal capacity, although I know it has a microSD slot. The camera isn't as good, screen is smaller and also I've previously owned the HTC One X! :p So I'd like something different.

http://versusio.com/en/nokia-lumia-920-vs-htc-8x

Associate
Depends, can you wait till some of us get one?..I intend to be quite frank about it.

The os doesn't look different much really so if you are happy with that, for me comes down to the wireless charging for handiness, and mostly the camera, and worked as a professional photographer and still do a lot of work within it, so will b elooking for certain qualities ( whist keeping in mind..its a freaking mobile phone of course lol)

I think the opinion of the 920 camera is that it is producing more neutral shots instead of massively over processing them to make them look more to the liking of consumers. So a pro would more likely appreciate the output as it can be then post-processed using their normal workflow.

The iPhone 5 output tends to have a lot of sharpening and increased contrast.

Associate
Time is going to be the judge here, and im talking about a week or so, as soon as most of us here start getting out hands on one we will be able to judge for ourselves with various real world usage pics, and esp about the weight/ size issues they keep hammering about.

If it doesnt live up to the badness ( for want of a better word) that they seem to exaggerate ( if they are exaggerating) those sites are going to take a hammering in terms of reputation.

What reputation is that exactly? Did you read Engadget's latest editoral, it's a bit of a stunner: http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/03/editorial-amazon-and-google-are-undermining-mobile-pricing/

Like I said in the Nexus 4 thread, things aren't being helped by review hardware not matching the final retail hardware and in the rush to push reviews out as quickly as possible there's a lot of detailed information that's being missed out. In other words, I expect those kind of low grade reviews from newspapers that don't know better but tech sites should have a higher standard.

Associate
That ****s me right off about WP7, no proper full silent mode! Still get the phone vibrating away when some one rings or you get a text!

What are you on about? The phone will only vibrate if you have the vibrate option enabled.
Disable the vibrate options and the the instruction I posted above would switch between ring and silent.

Caporegime
Yeah but that's what I mean it's annoying having to go into settings to change vibrate notifications on & off. Should just be able to go Ring & Vibrate ---> Vibrate Only ---> Silent on the volume icon.

Any way, EE seem pretty sure these will be available on Friday.

Theresa Fisher ‏@msflux

@EE when are the nokia 920 be in your stores in the uk web site says 14 days delivery shop says this Friday

EE ‏@EE

@msflux As far as we're aware, they're available from Friday 9th November.

Associate
Saw the EE advert on tv tonight featuring Kevin Bacon of all people...

It annoys me that they have the cheek to pretty much state 4G is perfectly suited to streaming movies/TV yet on their lowest tariff you wouldn't even be able to stream a HD program for more than 30 minutes, and then you're done for the month. Absolutely mental.

...But this is for a different thread! =P

Back
Top Bottom