***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
"There's a problem" with my Phones4U order. Just got the email through. They're going to phone me in the next 72 hours. I'm guessing that problem is "we no longer offer 12 month contracts". Shame. Not sure what to do from here; I could order from EE, but I was getting either £50 or £75 cashback and a free Nokia Play360 speaker from Phones4U. Not so tempting at a straight £56/month + £19.99.

I might just upgrade to a Note II with Vodafone and then take them up on their 4G offer in the spring. I can get a good price on the Note II, and Voda have announced that anyone taking out a contract or upgrading now will be allowed to buy their way out of the contract at a 70% discount in the spring if they upgrade to a new 4G contract. Seems like a great offer - I can get another handset in six months and might even make a small profit selling the old one on. I'm not sure WP8 is worth all this bother tbh.

Last edited:
Associate
"There's a problem" with my Phones4U order. Just got the email through. They're going to phone me in the next 72 hours. I'm guessing that problem is "we no longer offer 12 month contracts".

Did you get an email to say your order had been processed? I did and so I guess it is too late for them to cancel. You must have ordered just before they pulled the plug?

Soldato
I ordered after they pulled the plug, when cashback went up and the speaker started to be given away. Still had the 12 month contract sat in my basket. Not massively surprised they cancelled it to be honest.

Soldato
Just been down to my local P4U. No Lumias, no ideas! But they did have an 8x in that I could play with, it was really nice! Only problem is that they said it was exclusive to Vodafone... the only network I don't want :(

Looks like I'm getting a 920 then.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
They will have 130 x Black Lumia 920's in tomorrow, as Phazeshifterz has just updated the thread.

More to follow.

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23104281 said:
They will have 130 x Black Lumia 920's in tomorrow, as Phazeshifterz has just updated the thread.

More to follow.

Blimey... He says there have been a lot more preorders too. Here's hoping we all get one from the get go...

Associate
Just been down to my local P4U. No Lumias, no ideas! But they did have an 8x in that I could play with, it was really nice! Only problem is that they said it was exclusive to Vodafone... the only network I don't want :(

Looks like I'm getting a 920 then.

Getting the 8x is pretty easy though and it is ironic that when searching for the Nokia 920 on Amazon the HTC 8x appears in the results.

Unlocked mobiles claim to have stock now, not sure which colour, blue probably:

http://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/sim....html?osCsid=76533a6c11642ef17b820dfd2ed49559

Last edited:
Caporegime
lol somethings definitely gone wrong. P4U now saying that EE pre-orders will be in peoples hands hopefully on the 19th, but they have no date at all for when stores will get the 'sim free' flavour in stock.

Apparently they're looking at a "revised date" (which is either unknown or they just won't say) of themselves actually getting the handsets and then sending them out to stores!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
I was considering buying one from eBay but not at £670!!!!

At least my surface turned up today. It's awesome.

It seems that cyberport may be the best way to get one sim free.

As soon as someone's ships let me know as I may order one otherwise ill wait for my EE order. If I do buy one sim free ill get a gs3 and sell it on eBay to cover the cost.

Soldato
Just noticed this thread already has more posts than the Lumia 800 thread, and nobody actually has one yet. At this rate, it'll overtake the HD2, Note and Note II within a couple of weeks. It's certainly got people on here talking about Windows Phone (or is there just a dozen of us spamming this thread umpteen times a day?) :p

Associate
Was sorta hoping they would cancel my EE order so I could get one from ze germans. But given my car cost £530 to get through the MOT this year I think I couldn't afford the SIM free price now.

19th is a long way off. Is that for people ordering now or those who have previously ordered?

kbc

kbc

Associate
Just noticed this thread already has more posts than the Lumia 800 thread, and nobody actually has one yet. At this rate, it'll overtake the HD2, Note and Note II within a couple of weeks. It's certainly got people on here talking about Windows Phone (or is there just a dozen of us spamming this thread umpteen times a day?) :p

I'm just refreshing this thread, hoping someone will post photos of one delivered... :D

Back
Top Bottom