**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Soldato
I wish I'd done this

So, apart from it being junk it's great? Yup. I agree. Lovely phone but terrible battery life and it's laggy and slow.

Pretty much...

The indivisible parts are great. The screen is lovely, camera is very impressive, physical design is nice. The processor is fast enough that I can play anything without worrying. But the overall package fails miserably. Poor software and the battery make using it horribly annoying.

Such a waste of what could have been a spectacular phone.

Soldato
Noticed my battery life is nowhere near as good anymore on stock 5.0.1

Still a great phone though. Been using it a lot more for phone calls recently and it's comfortable, clear sound and light

Soldato
Interesting, last night I flashed the BTU firmware onto my handset and changed the csc, cleared cache and factory reset, this morning its been off charge since 8am and its now at 89% and I've been using it a bit more than I had been today, half an hour of video, emails and installing a load of apps, lets hope this is the way it will remain :)

Soldato
Interesting, last night I flashed the BTU firmware onto my handset and changed the csc, cleared cache and factory reset, this morning its been off charge since 8am and its now at 89% and I've been using it a bit more than I had been today, half an hour of video, emails and installing a load of apps, lets hope this is the way it will remain :)

What did you change the CSC to/from exactly?

Soldato
Changed it from VOD to BTU to match the firmware I downloaded, contacted the original owner and he confirmed it was originally a Vodafone handset that he got unlocked, there was hardly any branding but I prefer to have them vanilla. Wether the firmware has helped I dont know, possibly its more likely just the clearing of the cache maybe worth a shot?

Soldato
How did you Change the csc? Do you need root?

I've just flashed from vod to btu, csc now says vod/btu in samsung phone info app

edit: scratch that, just rebooted and now it says BTU in every section :)

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah after flashing you go back into recovery and reboot again and it should change the csc, anyway mine is showing 38% since 8am, I'm happier with that and I have used it quite a bit today, fingers crossed it stays like that, I may keep the phone now ;)

Soldato
Roll back to KitKat? and wait for M?
I would tbh, I did anyway and it was a great move.

Lollipop 5.01 as I've said many times delivered such inconsistent battery life that it was hard to use as a daily driver. Then I did a ton of reading only to discover that the Note4 wasn't the only phone with such issues (Nexus 6 had radio/batt issues too) and that it was infact Google who were trying to track down what the cause was.

It was great being on KK again as I had rooted, Xposed and had full control over things again. Battery life is also back to the silly levels it once was. I do miss the buttery smooth animations of LP though but that's the only thing I do miss.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would tbh, I did anyway and it was a great move.

Lollipop 5.01 as I've said many times delivered such inconsistent battery life that it was hard to use as a daily driver. Then I did a ton of reading only to discover that the Note4 wasn't the only phone with such issues (Nexus 6 had radio/batt issues too) and that it was infact Google who were trying to track down what the cause was.

It was great being on KK again as I had rooted, Xposed and had full control over things again. Battery life is also back to the silly levels it once was. I do miss the buttery smooth animations of LP though but that's the only thing I do miss.
migth go back to KK too

Back
Top Bottom