**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Soldato
I bet that if there was actually a survey of Note 4 owners asking if their devices had an SD card slot; the majority wouldn't know or wouldn't have a card in there if they did. I mean, some people I talk to use the terms SIM card and SD card interchangeably.

An SD Card slot is vital for me. I load up my phone on almost a daily basis with TV shows and movies in HD and watch them while i go to and from work. Without a SD card slot then the phone itself will have to be at least a minimum of 64Gb internal but then i will hit a wall pretty soon and would realistically need 128Gb. And there's no way i would be able to afford a Note 5 128Gb, and even then theirs a chance the UK wouldn't get one.

I'm currently on a Note 3 and to be frank i don't feel the need to change it yet. But when the Note 5 comes out i will keep an eye on Note 4 prices and if they drop then i might upgrade to that and try to see if i can keep that going for a few years

Soldato
The Arabian leaks have a record of being correct though, I was thinking may be the edge couldn't easily accommodate an sd slot so they left it out on all 6's so as not to cripple the edge.

As there is no Note 5 edge they might be able to put an sd slot in this time plus they must be aware of the outcry and the Note series is seen as the businessman's flagship in Korea so hopefully the need will ne met.

Soldato
It's more likely the Asian Note will have an SD card slot, though the Asian ones often support dual-sims, and those specs state only 1 sim.

Still, I'm 90% certain there won't be one on the European one... perhaps 75% sure if there is only the one storage size.

Associate
Greasy glass back :o

Note_5_S6_edge_7_840x1120.jpg

Soldato
I'm so disappointed with the specs on this. The note series is supposed to be on the cutting edge of tech and this is hardly an upgrade on the s6.
Same 16mp Camera too. There doesn't seem to be one reason to go for a Note 5 over the Note 4. This must be surely the worst increase in specs between The newest and previous Note phone so far?

I was kind of expecting something like a 20mp camera, 4k screen to help with the VR headset, keeping the SD slot and removable battery.

Caporegime
From a business point of view, you can't blame them. As for jumping from the Note 4 to the Note 5, did people jump from the 2 to 3 or 3 to 4 in their droves? Didn't get that impression. And 4K screen, there isn't a legitimate reason to have 4K on a phone, it's barely become mainstream in TVs. Very few people are going to be streaming 4K and probably the same for non-streamed content.

Associate
Here's hoping amazon france or Germany get the dual sim variant, I'm actually glad about the rumors of the dual sim variant might include sd card support. Was lead to believe ufs 2 couldn't work with external sources though?

Soldato
Here's hoping amazon france or Germany get the dual sim variant, I'm actually glad about the rumors of the dual sim variant might include sd card support. Was lead to believe ufs 2 couldn't work with external sources though?

That's been said a few times on various forums, but I've never seen any proof/reason for why it wouldn't be possible.

Associate
Not sure what the real world advantage is of ufs over emmc anyway so if the dual sim/sd card model doesn't have UFS it really wouldn't matter...

Back
Top Bottom