**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Associate
But it's funny how a few online publications out there put out "exclusive" spec sheets and also post these other rumors/leaks as well....so what are we suppose to believe...

Uhh i always hate the run up to a major device release as every day for weeks we get "exclusive" "confirmed" specs and in the end they end up being crud...

Associate
Absolutely no chance! Jan possibly... Sad to see gb listed as min memory. Really should be 64 with no card. It's a note after all!

Agreed,i would imagine we should be able to pick it up for around £550 at launch,unless samsung has a change of heart and prices it lower than prior notes...samsung could do with a boost in sales so hopefully it will be $100/£70 less.

Soldato
Oh well no purchase from me then,evleaks also states it's sticking with the 7420! I'm secretly hoping the note 5 fails hard and samung start adding sd card slots back into their flagship products come 2016!

I wonder how much of a factor the s6 not having a sd card slot played into it's poor sales...

Poor sales are due to the price and the fact nobody gives a **** about phones anymore, not due to the SD card and battery - 99% of users couldn't give a rats arse about that let's be honest!

Soldato
Agreed,i would imagine we should be able to pick it up for around £550 at launch,unless samsung has a change of heart and prices it lower than prior notes...samsung could do with a boost in sales so hopefully it will be $100/£70 less.

The 32GB would be too small so you'd have spend a chunk more than that.

Soldato
From the UK?

Yup Bridgnorth, the Android shop iirc.

It came sealed with a UK plug and the Sony camera, hasn't failed to last me a day and always with 4+ sot browsing or youtube.

I haven't had to use my dash micro to expand the storage though I've tested that it works, it did.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ditto.

The SD slot was a huge draw for me on the previous Note phones. Now that it doesn't have it it's lost a huge selling point over the competition.

I'm genuinely more and more considering going for the next iPhone for my next phone.

Yeah, no SD Card slot would rule it out for me I think, always seems hard to get anything but the base memory in the UK (32GB) and I'd need more than that, if the lack of a replaceable battery stuff is also true then thats also a bitter blow.

Associate
Note 5 allegedly has 3000mAh battery.

galaxy-note-5.jpg

galaxy-note-5-2.jpg

Samsung will show us the brand new Galaxy Note 5 at a press event in New York City, next week. As we inch closer to that unveiling, we continue to see the phone via leak here or there, and even in what we are assuming are official press renders. Thanks to sources of ours, here’s another to add to the list.

What you are seeing here is the Galaxy Note 5 in the flesh, in hand. It looks a lot like a bigger Galaxy S6 with its metal frame and glass panels, but it differs in that the back has an Edge-like curve to it, likely to make it easier to hold. We are seeing the S Pen slot on the bottom (which we are told is spring loaded), regular USB port (not USB Type-C), single bottom speaker and headphone jack, and some crazy thin bezels surrounding the display.

In terms of specs, we are being told that the phone has 4GB RAM, no SD slot, 32/64/128GB storage options, and a 3000mAh non-removable battery.

galaxy note 5-2

Finally, in the top image, we are seeing a new menu for Air Command that includes options for Action memo, Smart select, Screen write, S Note, Settings, and Instagram. That Instagram icon is interesting in that this could be Samsung allowing you to customize an Air Command shortcut or maybe it’s simply showing a previously used app (Edit: It is customizable). Either way, we’re all for Air Command growing its feature list.

What do you think? Is this your next phone?

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/08/04/samsung-galaxy-note-5-pictures/

Caporegime
Does look lush, the lack of SD card was a probable final nail for me but the a supposed 4000mAh battery still kept me a little interested :(

Soldato
For the people saying that they won't get it due to the lack of SD card slot, what would you buy instead out of interest? Someone above said they'd buy an iphone....well known for it's SD slot :rolleyes:?

Associate
For the people saying that they won't get it due to the lack of SD card slot, what would you buy instead out of interest? Someone above said they'd buy an iphone....well known for it's SD slot :rolleyes:?

The LG g4 is an option but it's now been out too long to be a true flagship so the rumoured LG g4 pro coming into October. Or the LG g5 next year.

The motto (new one) is an option

Basically if u like battery and SD card the LG g4 is the only option.

If you're willing to compromise on the battery then htc m9 Sony z3/z4 or z5 that will be released soon

Soldato

I think you've missed the point. A reason people went with Samsung is because they had the features others didn't. Now they drop the features, other phones come back into the mix for other features.

Back
Top Bottom