**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Soldato
This 3000mha battery thing is strange but then who knows where the 4000 rumour started? Reducing the size of the battery AND removing the option to remove the battery together though? Seems really unlikely as the huge battery could have been the sweetener when people complain about loseing the removable battery "well we've removed the option to remove the battery BUT you can now easily get 2 days from a full charge as the battery is significantly bigger" etc etc.

Soldato
Samsung ruined the Note :(

Yup it does seem that way. seems like they have got cought up 100% in aesthetics and forgot what makes android and specifically the note series great.
My note 3 will likely be my last samsung device - new nexus or moto x next for me.

Soldato
Yup it does seem that way. seems like they have got cought up 100% in aesthetics and forgot what makes android and specifically the note series great.
My note 3 will likely be my last samsung device - new nexus or moto x next for me.

Again, two phones with non-removable batteries ...no fingerprint, wireless charging etc. People's logic in this thread baffles me

Soldato
I can't believe they've ditched the card slot, thats a crazy move for a phone like that.
Then again we all know the only reason is so they can have our trousers down over storage :(
Doesn't bother me too much TBH I'm still on a N5 and I fancy a note 4, so just waiting for this to come out and N4's appear on the members market :p

Soldato
Again, two phones with non-removable batteries ...no fingerprint, wireless charging etc. People's logic in this thread baffles me

The thing is going with a Samsung is taking a sacrifice in the software department to take the best available hardware. Updates roll out damn slowly and if things like stage fright are going to continue to crop up then relying on carriers is another area of concern.
They now seem to be crippling the hardware in certain areas in favour of aesthetics. Stock / close to stock android with a decent camera now seems a reality so if Samsung don't offer the other perks that set them apart from the pack then why stay with them?

Don
The thing is, for the vast majority of users out there, they don't care about removable batteries or SD slots. We do because we're techies or gadget nuts. The general population just want a device that works, is the latest thing, and looks good.
These are the people who don't care about ROMs or updates or rooting. They will use TouchWiz as their launcher because it wouldn't occur to them that there might be anything else out there. They will play Candy Crush on their big screen device and will be happy while updating Facebook.

I bet that if there was actually a survey of Note 4 owners asking if their devices had an SD card slot; the majority wouldn't know or wouldn't have a card in there if they did. I mean, some people I talk to use the terms SIM card and SD card interchangeably.

Soldato
Economic turmoil and the fact that 1/2 year old phones are better these days thus more likely to be held on to will imho be reflected in sales of all android phones.

It'll be interesting to see how the 6s iphones do as I'm sure lots of 6 sales were as a result of the 1st big screen pushing older iphones to be upgraded and capture some traditional android buyers too.

Soldato
Agreed especially as there's no reason to drop sd support, I accept that metal backs and removability don't go together but as long as it works I don't care if the sd is slower than internal as all I want it to do is store movies or music on it.

Bigwigs who own rights on digital info pressuring to make piracy a bit harder I guess.

Back
Top Bottom