**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Last edited:
Sounds like it's the Note4 for me then, just as the other half has bought a S5 to replace her S4 as the S6 is not suitable for her.

Note 4 is still an epic phone, I don't feel qualified to make a recommendation but an app called package disabler might be helpful for Note 4 owners, I bought it and ran it on my s6 and disabled loads of unwanted stuff which may have been "bloat".

Might look into that, thanks for the heads up. I am convinced part of my battery problem is due to pointless apps running in the background and the ROMs don't look like they are as matured as the S4 ones I used.

If the S6 Edge Plus is restricted to 32GB then I might look elsewhere. I'm fine with a 32GB Nexus 5 (9GB free), but with the (albeit trimmed) Samsung bloatware, this is a phone I use for at least the next couple of years, so who knows how much I'll need.

all i want is an upgraded s6

i have the s5 right now and want to switch to the note series. but i don't want no memory card slot. i can live with not being able to replace the battery at a push, but i'm still thoroughly disapointed in the rumours.

come nov/dec time i'll know what the note 5 is. if it doesn't give me what i want i may wait for the s7.

if that doesn't give me what i want i'm leaving samsung which is a shame as my s3 and s5 have been the best phones i've ever used

Won't bother me, the dash micro I bought for my s6 is far more convenient than the old msdc slot on my previous phones were.

Can I ask how is it more convenient than an internal card?
I have had a look and I suspect if I had something sticking out of my phone the majority of the time, at some point I would knock it and damage the phone port or the dash micro.

Can I ask how is it more convenient than an internal card?
I have had a look and I suspect if I had something sticking out of my phone the majority of the time, at some point I would knock it and damage the phone port or the dash micro.

In my case the expandable memory was always under the removable back which was under a case possibly impeded by the battery, obviously I don't leave the small stubby Dash Micro sticking in all the time.

I stick it in when I want to watch, read or look at stuff stored on one of my many msd cards.

Is it perfect no but it's way better than nothing and somewhat better than paying a couple of hundred quid more for a 128gb vapour ware model.

Last edited:
In my case the expandable memory was always under the removable back which was under a case possibly impeded by the battery, obviously I don't leave the small stubby Dash Micro sticking in all the time.

I stick it in when I want to watch, read or look at stuff stored on one of my many msd cards.

Is it perfect no but it's way better than nothing and somewhat better than paying a couple of hundred quid more for a 128gb vapour ware model.

Thanks for that.

Oh totally agree on it being useful , I liked the look of it. I will likely invest in one for my tablet.

I think my problem is more that all my space is music/podcasts.

I was going to say so i would want that all the time.... however iv'e recently changed jobs and drive. Might re-evaluate this!

I still see no need to upgrade my Note 3, the only things I would like are Type C USB, Waterproof, and a better camera (although it's currently good enough on my 3)

1440p and a sleeker design would be nice, but I still think I have another 2 or so years from my 3.

Seems theres no reason to upgrade from the Note 4 to this... I mean if they get rid of the removable battery and sd card slot that's two huge downsides for me already and if there not going to 4k I really don't see any reason to upgrade if its just a small increase in specs.

If it comes with the rumoured 4000mha battery and retains the same qhd screen then that may go some way to negate the loss of the removable battery. The lack of sd card is a massive bonus IF it comes in 64gb / 128gb options (with no 32). Don't really want an sdcard controller slowing the phone down with ufs2 being as fast as it is.
Just hope it doesnt have a pointless glass rear as it serves no purpose other than somthing that requires protecting and covering up... but I remain optomistic!

Yes but my point is if 64gb is the base version then they will have one less rip off point.
Happy to pay a little more for more memory if it's faster and significantly more reliable (which it is)

64gb is no where near enough for me and I can imagine they will charge a fortune for 128 and higher if they actually go higher. 4k Video soon fills up your phone and all the pictures music and apps add up pretty quick.
I know its going to be faster if they remove the Sd slot but the note 4 is already super fast and will most likely hardly be noticeable in the real world.

No chance that there will be a 64GB Base model. Not unless it's a £650 starting price.

And no I don't need UFS2.0 speeds for bulk storage. Gimme 32GB+ onboard and an SD slot.

Back
Top Bottom