**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

The s6 success and edge success has shown Samsung has now reached apple heights with the general public so they can take any big features off their devices and people will buy it regardless. Samsung as we know and loved them may be over

Separate memory controller required though....when we see other phones with ufs2 and an sd card then maybe there's reason to moan but its been suggested its not viable having 2 memory controllers in a phone. Who knows!

How much can we expect the note 4 to drop in price when the 5 is released?

I am more interested in the 4 as an upgrade to my note 2 as I want to be able to continue using my microSD.

Dont use a glass back Samsung. :o
Keep it textured.

Totally agree. Putting glass on the back of a phone has to be the single most pointlessly stupid design choice ever... Not even Apple do it now so quite why Sony and Samsung think is a great idea is a mystery.
Seriously - people having to buy screen protectors for the BACK of their phone? What the actual ****?

Last edited:
Totally agree. Putting glass on the back of a phone has to be the single most pointlessly stupid design choice ever... Not even Apple do it now so quite why Sony and Samsung think is a great idea is a mystery.
Seriously - people having to buy screen protectors for the BACK of their phone? What the actual ****?

Tbh I don't have an issue with that as anybody can buy a protector for a quid that'll take about five to ten seconds to put on?

I don't really understand the need to change here... the Note 4 design language is perfect for the target market, and allows all the flexibility... glass and aluminium can be reserved for the S6 Edge Plus

The rubbery plastic used on the Nexus 5 is the perfect phone material - doesnt slip off flat surfaces, doesnt scratch/ shatter when dropped and feels good and grippy in the hand. Phones are meant to be used - not sat on a mantle piece :p

I dropped my Note 3 more times than I care to mention, Spigen case already has a few scars on it. Would hate to think what shock absorption would be with an all metal and glass body, I would surely have cracked my screen by now.

As far as I'm concerned S line and Note are different product lines and for those wanting the "build quality" of the S line in bigger form there is the Plus. This is a separate line for power and business users who need durability, power and battery life with an ability to swap a battery. Those renders all but confirm that this will be a unibody style S line rehash with protruding camera though which also means a higher price tag like the S6 so not entirely sure this will now be an instant upgrade decision for me like it was before.

Back
Top Bottom