**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Don
It's interesting that they've changed the screen density for the Note 5. That was always one of my biggest bugbears with the Note range that event though we have a larger screen, things are just bigger rather than more of them if you know what I mean.
It's easily fixed with a hack (I'm running at 320 dpi which gives me 6 icons across the homescreen rather than the usual 4) but it does break some stock Samsung apps. Everything else works fine though.

It will be interesting to see if Samsung apply the different screen density setting to the Note 4 when it gets its Marshmallow upgrade, however I doubt it. Samsung aren't exactly covered in glory when it comes to adding features to already released devices.

Soldato
Holy hell the S6 Edge+ prices are insane (although these are the prices direct from Samsung, hopefully they'll be cheaper elsewhere)!

S6 Edge+ 32 GB - £750
S6 Edge+ 64 GB - £829

For comparison the iPhone 6+ prices (which are typically the most expensive phones):

6+ 16 GB - £619
6+ 64 GB - £699

So for the cheapest of either phone it's £130 more for the S6, and for the 64 GB version it's also £130 more expensive. Would anyone actually pay those prices for what you get!?

Caporegime
That's hilarious!

It's easily fixed with a hack (I'm running at 320 dpi which gives me 6 icons across the homescreen rather than the usual 4) but it does break some stock Samsung apps. Everything else works fine though.

What are you using to change the system wide dpi?

Last edited:
Soldato
LOOOOOL.

And the Note 5 would have cost even more.

I really can't believe all these other countries get the Note 5 yet the UK doesn't

AFG – Afghanistan SM-N920C
XSA – Australia SM-N920I
VAU – Australia (Vodafone) SM-N920I
OPS – Australia (Optus) SM-N920I
TEL – Australia (Telstra) SM-N920I
CAM – Cambodia SM-N920C
CHC – China SM-N9200
TGY – Hong Kong SM-N9200
MID – Iraq SM-N920C
PTR – Israel (Orange/Partner) SM-N920C
CEL – Israel (Cellcom) SM-N920C
BTC – Libya SM-N920C
XME – Malaysia SM-N9208
MWD – Morocco (MWD) SM-N920C
MYM – MYM SM-N9208
NZC – New Zealand SM-N920I
VNZ – New Zealand (Vodafone) SM-N920I
TNZ – New Zealand SM-N920I
PNG – Papua New Guinea SM-N920I
XTE – Philippines SM-N9208
GLB – Philippines (Globe) SM-N9208
PCT – Puerto Rico SM-N920W8
KSA – Saudi Arabia SM-N920C
MM1 – Singapore SM-N920I
South Korea
BRI – Taiwan SM-N9208
TUN – Tunisia SM-N920C
TUR – Turkey SM-N920C
USA
VFJ – VFJ SM-N920I
XXV – Vietnam SM-N920C

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm guessing many of the third world bound Notes will actually be sold in Europe but at a premium this release rather than leading the price drop like normal.

I'll just wait for the Euro release, gives me a chance to see the full field including the apples.

Man of Honour
Holy hell the S6 Edge+ prices are insane (although these are the prices direct from Samsung, hopefully they'll be cheaper elsewhere)!

S6 Edge+ 32 GB - £750
S6 Edge+ 64 GB - £829

For comparison the iPhone 6+ prices (which are typically the most expensive phones):

6+ 16 GB - £619
6+ 64 GB - £699

So for the cheapest of either phone it's £130 more for the S6, and for the 64 GB version it's also £130 more expensive. Would anyone actually pay those prices for what you get!?

Those prices are just silly. Had a look around and other online mobile retailer prices are :

S6 Edge+ 32 GB - £600
S6 Edge+ 64 GB - £680

Which is far more reasonable.

Soldato
Man, I was hoping this would be my upgrade path from my Note 2, but I'm really put off by the lack of an SD Slot and lack of a removable battery. SD slot in particular is a killer for me as I like to keep a ton of audiobooks on there.

On top of that, they're not even releasing it in the UK? At this point I may as well go and grab myself a Note 4, right?

Soldato
Those prices are just silly. Had a look around and other online mobile retailer prices are :

S6 Edge+ 32 GB - £600
S6 Edge+ 64 GB - £680

Which is far more reasonable.

Definitely far more realistic. Still more than I'd be prepared to pay for it though. With the specs and the prices as they are I'd go for the iPhone in that situation.

Soldato
Man, I was hoping this would be my upgrade path from my Note 2, but I'm really put off by the lack of an SD Slot and lack of a removable battery. SD slot in particular is a killer for me as I like to keep a ton of audiobooks on there.

On top of that, they're not even releasing it in the UK? At this point I may as well go and grab myself a Note 4, right?

At risk of looking like I sell these but surely a meenova would be ideal for your data needs.

https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/order.html

Soldato
What would make you go the for iPhone?

Mostly my experience with the Note 4. It's put me off enough that I fancy giving something else a try. There's not really much in the way of android phones out now/soon that interest me, whereas the 6S+ looks very promising.

Back
Top Bottom