• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
Not falling for the Titan hype again. Will wait it out and get the slightly cut down Ti version with similar performance at 2/3 the price.

Maybe! :eek: :D

might not be a "slightly cut" down Ti this time around. It was due to AMD hyping up a big card aka fury x which turned out to be a flop compared to the hype (still a good card just didn't meet the hype) also hyping HMB was going to brind big things for the card. nVidia responded with a slightly cut down Titan x aka 980Ti because of this.

So unless AMD manage to release something that comes in close that can compete they may not do this again.

Caporegime
might not be a "slightly cut" down Ti this time around. It was due to AMD hyping up a big card aka fury x which turned out to be a flop compared to the hype (still a good card just didn't meet the hype) also hyping HMB was going to brind big things for the card. nVidia responded with a slightly cut down Titan x aka 980Ti because of this.

So unless AMD manage to release something that comes in close that can compete they may not do this again.

Don't think it was AMD who were hyping it up, it was hyped on here, the TX killer etc... :D

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato

So you think that NVidia changed the amount of internal components they were going to 'cut' from the TitanX to make the 980ti, then shipped out all the chips, gave the AIB's time to assemble the cards, get it all packaged up and sent out to distrubitors and then on to the retailors, three weeks before the FuryX was even officially announced. I don't think so somehow, changing the internal configuration of a chip takes time, the only thing that might happen really late in the production cycle is bios adjustments, to change the clock frequencies, memory timings or power allowances etc.

Soldato
So you think that NVidia changed the amount of internal components they were going to 'cut' from the TitanX to make the 980ti, then shipped out all the chips, gave the AIB's time to assemble the cards, get it all packaged up and sent out to distrubitors and then on to the retailors, three weeks before the FuryX was even officially announced. I don't think so somehow, changing the internal configuration of a chip takes time, the only thing that might happen really late in the production cycle is bios adjustments, to change the clock frequencies, memory timings or power allowances etc.

I think nVidia will know AMDs offering a lot earlier than us consumers will ever get to know and AMD vice versa.

Soldato
FX is a TX killer, faster in plenty of games. Not to mention 6 months from now when TX mysteriously loses 10% performance.

Both teams seem to have been near the edge for some years now.

Caporegime
FX is a TX killer, faster in plenty of games. Not to mention 6 months from now when TX mysteriously loses 10% performance.

Both teams seem to have been near the edge for some years now.

Point of posting that was...?

Yer lol

I still feel we won't see Big Pascal for some time and the same for Polaris but what interests me more about Pascal is Async and will NVidia be handling it at hardware level this time? I can see this being of great importance on my purchasing decision.

Soldato
What's the consensus on what will get released first? Will we get something that equals 980ti performance but at a saner price level? Maybe something like a 1070?

I'm sorely tempted with a 980ti now but half of me is saying wait for something of similar speed but less cost.

Soldato
I'll likely wait for the big Pascal cards, whatever replaces the 980ti. Polaris isn't really an option as it would likely mean a new monitor too. I couldn't do without gsync/freesync now.

You could end up waiting until this time next year. Not saying WILL just might.

Soldato
Polaris isn't really an option as it would likely mean a new monitor too.

How's that?? :confused: Unless you simply mean you'd WANT a new monitor with the DP 1.3 connection... assuming any such monitors are then available, which they likely won't be until later this year. But DP 1.3 is backwards compatible with 1.2 anyway, so it certainly wouldn't be a requirement.

Back
Top Bottom