• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Caporegime
I can see sub £300 offering 980 Ti performance give or take

LESS than £300 for 980ti perf?

Do all you optimists think nV has become a charity? :p Has JSH found religion? :p

Oh well, I can't wait for some concrete info one way or the other. I'd love to be wrong and all these predictions of epic mid-range cards to come true. How I'd love to be totally wrong.

Soldato
Coz they knew people would find out about the "good design".

No,no you got it wrong. Its dem Gameworkz - it leads to automatically instabestest performance for Nvidia card owners. Thats why a 1.4GHZ GTX960,which is Nvidia's fastest sub £200 card,can barely beat an ancient HD7950..COUGH...sorry stock clocked R9 280(which is a first generation AMD GCN card) in The Division. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think we'll see a card from Nvidia that performs around Radeon Nano level (Between 980 - 980 Ti) for the same price as the Radeon Nano. It will sell like hot cakes...

Similar story on the AMD side, a replacement for that performance / price tear with maybe more HBM or at least HBM 2.0 and lower power consumption. Re enforcing the price point. That will be the sweet spot from both sides, even though we're paying the same price for same performance albeit with lower power consumption and a newer box.

The higher end cards are gonna come with ridiculous price tags this gen I can feel it. My spidey senses are tingling :p, it's gonna be a milk fest from both camps.

Determined to sit it out with my loverly Nano until Nvidia release the more 'reasonable' priced Ti model. The Titan cards can kiss my rear this time around.

Soldato
970 was LESS than £300 for 780ti perf.:p

No it didn't give 780Ti performance it was between 290X and 780Ti in performance and sometimes slower than the R9 290. In fact it was only marginally faster overall than the R9 290 and six month old 780.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...ws/67488-asus-gtx-970-strix-oc-review-11.html

That was a Strix model 970 compared to the reference 290X. This is why it was so cheap, because it gave no increase for those with already high end GPUs. It was the same story with the 980 as it was no faster than 780Ti and only marginally faster than 290X AIB GPUs (Tri X).

Soldato
^
I'll hazard a guess everyone would agree 970 is aimed at the 1080p market as will it's replacement.....

dAacnFO.png

That's before the Kepler gimp.

Coz they knew people would find out about the "good design".

:eek::rolleyes:;):p

Determined to sit it out with my loverly Nano until Nvidia release the more 'reasonable' priced Ti model. The Titan cards can kiss my rear this time around.

Aye right.:p

Associate
Nvidia will prepare to launch GP104 GTX 1080 on 27 May 2016 while custom versions will arrive in July.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-geforce-gtx-1080-gp104-gpu/

GTX 1080 will have either 8GB GDDR5 or GDDR5X and use only one 8 pin power that feed up to 150W power, GP104 will have 150W TDP or less and double performance per watt compared to GM204.

Well the bolded part sums up the reality behind the article...as GDDR5X mass production only starts at summer.

Clickbait at its best.

Last edited:
Associate
LESS than £300 for 980ti perf?

Do all you optimists think nV has become a charity? :p Has JSH found religion? :p

Oh well, I can't wait for some concrete info one way or the other. I'd love to be wrong and all these predictions of epic mid-range cards to come true. How I'd love to be totally wrong.

I meant give or take on the performance :) their next £300 card NEEDS to be faster than 980 otherwise it wouldn't be a whole lot faster than 970 which currently sells for around £270 for a good board so if they can get at least a 20% performance boost over 980 you'd be within reach of 980 Ti especially with factory overclocked models or just overclocking yourself

Associate

MORE? So echo chamber article copying is now multiple separate rumours?
This applies not only to this 'news'.
It makes me laugh when someone supposedly leaks something, and all the rest copy it to make it seem as it is multiple source, and all assume that it must be true, even though the 'news' doesn't work with reality at all.
While we are at it, when is the mass production of gddr5x beginning?
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2016/02/11/micron-gddr5x/1
By the summer, so nvidia somehow went to the future picked some GDDR5X for themselves and gonna release their cards in May?

Last edited:
Soldato
No it didn't give 780Ti performance
It really did, I assure you. 780Ti tended to be just a hair faster in most games, but even on release, the 970 was basically Titan-like in performance, which is in the same ballpark as the 780Ti. After driver improvements, it's mostly surpassed it now.

And that was all still on 28nm. With 16nm, I dont think it's really all that outrageous to suggest that we might get 980Ti performance for around £300 with the x70 Pascal. Hell, it's not impossible we could get better-than-980Ti performance. I doubt AMD is going to throw down any weak hand here, so Nvidia will be keen to match or beat them somehow, either through price or performance.

Associate
If you read the article it does say that the first pascal couple batches are using 8gb GDDR5. GDDR5X will coming later in the year.

No, the original article says GDDR5 or GDDR5x. Any reputable 'leaker' would have checked their facts and gone straight with GDDR5 non x. Simple. But since they are just posting anything they want, there is no credibility at all to these 'rumours'.

Soldato
No, the original article says GDDR5 or GDDR5x. Any reputable 'leaker' would have checked their facts and gone straight with GDDR5 non x. Simple. But since they are just posting anything they want, there is no credibility at all to these 'rumours'.

You don't know that? We'll all know if true or false come end of may.

Back
Top Bottom