• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
You don't know that? We'll all know if true or false come end of may.

It is always easy to see which leak is genuine which is not. When original leaker starts stating multiple memory techs, then you have to ask, WTF is he leaking. Its not like someone walked up to them and said, 1080 is releasing may 27, and walked away. The leaker is so specific about video output numbers, etc, yet is guessing which memory tech it is gonna use, especially when one of the guesses is already impossible.

I for one am tired of lakers being complete IT illiterates and most of the time have no clue what they are talking about :D It was so easy to make this rumour more real by just researching some things before posting an article.

Soldato
Unusual if they would miss out on hbm again unless Nv think it's really not needed! Though maybe the high end Ti card will have it which is the one I'll be looking out for, 1070-1080 will likely be a side-grade for current 980Ti owners.

Soldato
Unusual if they would miss out on hbm again unless Nv think it's really not needed! Though maybe the high end Ti card will have it which is the one I'll be looking out for, 1070-1080 will likely be a side-grade for current 980Ti owners.

I still have a feeling the 1070 and 1080 will be much faster then 980Ti. I hope I'm right come release day?

Associate
I still have a feeling the 1070 and 1080 will be much faster then 980Ti. I hope I'm right come release day?

If 1070/1080 are not much faster than 980ti, then we should be worried(well I won't be, but the rest of us :p ).
And if rumour is correct (which I don't think it is) then nVidia does not see financial advantage to wait for HBM on non ti/titan pascal parts, let alone lower tier cards.

Soldato
Nvidia will make good on sales if the 1070 is about 980ti performance at a significant lower price point and the 1080 being faster (how much nobody knows). Then later they probably will release a titan?? and then a 1080 ti ? If so it's a ideal way to make lots of money and to be fair that's the point nowadays.

I require a 980ti for my needs but absolutely no way am I going to buy one, even 2nd handhand. Pascal will answer me hopefully and if a 1070 does what I hope and is priced aka gtx 970..... Should do me for 18 months

Last edited:

Mei

Mei

Soldato
they could even add the hdm2 versions later or something
if its fast enuff without hbm that would be smart, should be cheaper later?

anyway i like this rumour it means we see new cards sooner :)

Caporegime
If 1070/1080 are not much faster than 980ti, then we should be worried(well I won't be, but the rest of us :p ).
And if rumour is correct (which I don't think it is) then nVidia does not see financial advantage to wait for HBM on non ti/titan pascal parts, let alone lower tier cards.

They won't be, mainly due to the extra Compute capabilities (the Ti is a stripped-down racer if you like, very Compute 'lite'). But they WILL be more capable for future games and have an updated feature set :) :cool:

Soldato

May well end up the same as before where 970 might just match the 980Ti and the 1080 would be a tad faster, either way i still think these will be a pointless upgrade for those already using 980Ti cards.

Also who knows when the 1080Ti will come, because we all know they will at least try to get some to buy the Titan cards first.

Question is will they release them close together again or really milk with the Titan?

Caporegime
They won't be, mainly due to the extra Compute capabilities (the Ti is a stripped-down racer if you like, very Compute 'lite'). But they WILL be more capable for future games and have an updated feature set :) :cool:

People say this but Fiji os.also cut dow. In fact Fiji and Maxwell are closer in compute performance than Kepler and Hawaii.

CUtting co.pure Dien was required to save transistors since there was no die shrink available. Now there is so there is the usual performance jump that a die shrink brings.

Associate
I've only ever had ATI cards and am about to pull the trigger on a 390x. Should I wait and see what nVidia have in store with the 1070 (I doubt if I'll be able to afford the 1080). Is this likely to be a better card? How much so? As I said, long term ATi owner. I know nothing about nVidia gpu's.

bru

bru

Soldato
There is a good chance that both AMD and NVidia will be releasing the next gen counterparts to the 390/x and 980/70, in the next few months (at the latest by computex in June). Now if you can wait then it is a good idea, as you will get more bang for your buck as it were, or at least it will make the slower cards drop in price somewhat and very often that is when good bargains can be had.

Of course if you want to pull the trigger on a 390x, it is a good card and June is still two and a half months away.

Soldato
I've only ever had ATI cards and am about to pull the trigger on a 390x. Should I wait and see what nVidia have in store with the 1070 (I doubt if I'll be able to afford the 1080). Is this likely to be a better card? How much so? As I said, long term ATi owner. I know nothing about nVidia gpu's.

Wait for the AMD one at least, it should be out first. Leaks should be coming soon too.

Soldato
a GTX 1080 with only ONE 8 pin? Doesn't seem right to me.. Most have at least 1x6/1x8 or 2x6. What could be going on here?

Obvious isn't it?

The power requirement of such a configuration on 16nm does not need more than a single 8 Pin. Why complicate it?

Would not take a single word out of that article as having any credibility however.

Back
Top Bottom