• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
I'll never believe what WCCFtech has to say ever!

Yeah, the only way they survive is because they let the most idiotic internet crowd wreck havoc in comment section. If they started moderating the comments, the site would die out and be just like any other useless rumour/made up story site. And they know that.

Man of Honour
I'll never believe what WCCFtech has to say ever!

Yeah, the only way they survive is because they let the most idiotic internet crowd wreck havoc in comment section. If they started moderating the comments, the site would die out and be just like any other useless rumour/made up story site. And they know that.

They list the 980 replacement as having a lower clockspeed than the TitanX replacement, they are having a laugh.

Associate
They list the 980 replacement as having a lower clockspeed than the TitanX replacement, they are having a laugh.

Kaap, we don't know how 16nm process clocks with nvidia sized dies, though more than 1025Mhz should be possible easily, but we never know.

At the end of the day, all of their news are just echo chamber, or some slim pickings from various forums or just pure guess/BS.

Man of Honour
If you only put two ram chips on the interposer you only use half the bandwith.

Bandwidth isn't a massive issue even with Pascal and probably largely with Polaris as well - infact from what people have seen it seems that a scenario with lesser base bandwidth but potentially allows for higher VRAM clock speeds is more beneficial than raw bandwidth as things stand with HBM at the moment.

Have to admit what I know about Pascal had superimposed itself over what I'd read on HBM2 and it never occurred to me to check what I was posting even though I knew better if I stopped to think about it - somehow my brain had mixed up information on the GPUs with the actual realities of HBM2 development and I'd never noticed.

At the end of the day it might be a moot point anyhow for other reasons.

Soldato
Just how close are we to any 980Ti replacements i wonder? Seems the sale on current 980Ti`s may be a coincidence but could it be a sign of new gpu arrivals?

This isn't the sale... in 2012 they were clearing out 680 Power Editions (one step down from MSI Lightning) for like £200 a pop. You'll know when the clearout is on.

Anyone still got theirs btw? :D

Man of Honour
Think my brother got his around then on sale - hes just swapped it out for a 970 though as he had started getting driver restarted stuff in some games.

Associate
If the 1070 comes in at £300 or so and matches the 980ti then I will buy a pair to upgrade from my 970s.

Should be a nice upgrade especially with the extra vram in tow

Back
Top Bottom