• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Caporegime
Look at the rrp of the 780Ti's. about £430. There are still Ti's going for £600+. Especially aftermarket ones etc.

Used then yeah id say £350-£400. But i still doubt a new £600 card now will drop £300 in 2 months time.

Unless pascal is that big of a jump. Hope so :).

Stop making things up :p. The 780Ti was in the same price bracket as the 980Ti when it came out (ie ~£550)

Associate
It is an expensive business upgrading every year for very little extra in performance. You would be better of upgrading every alternate year that way you get the option to buy into the GPU refresh or better stepping – less hardware and driver bugs and better pricing.

bru

bru

Soldato
They are having a laugh.:D

A GTX 980 can get a graphics score of 19k on that bench.

Next rumour please.

Yes but at what clock speed?

We have no idea what clock speed these are supposedly running at it might be close to final it might only be a few hundred MHz, there is no way of knowing. All it shows is cards that haven't been listed before running the benchmark, what chips or indeed what cards they will end up being is completely unknown.

Soldato
It is an expensive business upgrading every year for very little extra in performance. You would be better of upgrading every alternate year that way you get the option to buy into the GPU refresh or better stepping – less hardware and driver bugs and better pricing.

It depends how you do it, if you can stand being without a gaming GPU for a few weeks you can get a much better resale value on your old card, and then jump on one of the new ones - typically they will even increase in price as stock sells out so you get the same price on launch day as you would end up getting in the sales 3 months later

Several of my GPU upgrades in the last few years have ended up costing me nothing.

Last edited:
Associate

We have no idea what clock speed these are supposedly running at it might be close to final it might only be a few hundred MHz, there is no way of knowing. All it shows is cards that haven't been listed before running the benchmark, what chips or indeed what cards they will end up being is completely unknown.

My stock 390 gets above 18k...

Man of Honour

One of my Titan Xs running @stock totally destroys any of those graphics figures (25.5k). If that was genuine mid range Pascal this would not be possible.

bru

bru

Soldato
The thing is we have no idea if these scores are even from Pascal chips, all we do know is that they haven't been identified on the benchmark before.

Man of Honour
The thing is we have no idea if these scores are even from Pascal chips, all we do know is that they haven't been identified on the benchmark before.

If they were from Pascal chips the boffins at NVidia must be enjoying their liquid lunches too much. who in their right mind would test on an i3 CPU ?

Back
Top Bottom