• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
Having a laugh that it's an April Fools joke. Honestly... it's not such a bad idea. Plus it's kinda already been shown at shows as prototypes and such, I can't remember which company the modulr mobo was by though and at what event. A shame it ain't real. Or are they double-bluffing and actually releasing this thing? Amazon's joke from a previous year being an actual thing has changed the meta for April Fools.

Next monday GTC starts, but I don't expect Nvidia to show anything too interesting right away. I know they want to ride the hype, so they'll keep the interesting Pascal stuff for the last day. I bet my car that they announce a partnership with a VR headset maker.

It's Jen-hsun's speech note on the 5th April which is when we're all expecting Pascal to be announced. As for everyone saying the performance increase will be minimal against current 980 Ti I beg to differ.... They managed to get 980 faster albeit only just.. still though, faster than a 780 Ti with 40% more cores and higher bandwidth on the SAME process node.

Now if the leaked specifications are correct and GP104 is packing 4000+ cores with GDDR5X then I see quite a bit of a jump in performance, I could be wrong, I could be right, I'm going with the latter more than likely, only time will tell (y)

Soldato
It's Jen-hsun's speech note on the 5th April which is when we're all expecting Pascal to be announced. As for everyone saying the performance increase will be minimal against current 980 Ti I beg to differ.... They managed to get 980 faster albeit only just.. still though, faster than a 780 Ti with 40% more cores and higher bandwidth on the SAME process node.

Now if the leaked specifications are correct and GP104 is packing 4000+ cores with GDDR5X then I see quite a bit of a jump in performance, I could be wrong, I could be right, I'm going with the latter more than likely, only time will tell (y)

Looking forward to 5th april :). Yes, its very likely it will be a big improvement. Last time 580-680 saw double performance and from 512 to 1536 cores.

If anything it will be likely the 1070 will have about 3000 cores and 1080 around 4000. Both beating the 980Ti.

In theory if kepler-maxwell is anything to go by. A 1080 with 2000 cores should beat a Ti without a die shrink. Can only imagine how fast these cards are going to be with the die shrink aswell.

Its the Ti and new Titan i'm interested in. Hopefully over 6000 cores. In SLI :eek: :cool:

Soldato
Hmmmmmmm, I'm thinking a Ti replacement a little later in the Summer with GDDR5X is possible? Then the Daddy Titan w/HBM2 towards the end of the year...

wouldn't that be harder for nVidia to do? They would have to have a interposer on chips for the titan and config it to work with HBM2 where then they would need the other chips to be configured to run with GDDR5X for the Ti variant? Would be much easier to have just cut down versions of the Titan which will have HBM2

Mei

Mei

Soldato
Hmmmmmmm, I'm thinking a Ti replacement a little later in the Summer with GDDR5X is possible? Then the Daddy Titan w/HBM2 towards the end of the year...

i think Ti performance at half the power is possible
i mean a lot of nvidia's performance has come from the boost/overclock so we will need to see how the new ones clock
thats 20% of it right there?

they havent released something expensive in a while, i believe in them :)

Soldato
OP
Can't be too long now, rumors are increasing. I want something better than the 980 / Nano performance but low power use. Not interested in the top dogs this time around, just don't need that kind of power. An Nvidia card that sips power but still performs would be awesome, Maybe 4GB / 8GB HBM 2.0. I think I'll be waiting until next year though tbh, looks like regular GDDR5/X cards are coming first, get ready boys the first wave of milking is about to launch..

Man of Honour
lol...

According to our source, TSMC is sampling the Interposer for the next GP100 NVIDIA GPUs … and it will be huge! We talking about a 1200 mm2 interposer (Fiji interposer is about 1000 mm2).

Maybe because HBM2 modules are somewhat larger than HBM :s

Back
Top Bottom