• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
LOL, are you 12 or something? E-peen, really?

Ugh.

This place could be an interesting read, but the stupid digs at nV and AMD (continually) by the various entrenched posters here make it painful reading at time.

LOL if you think I'm raging. I just think it's terribly sad.

You are the one who is 12 - you are acting like a little baby over some light hearted jokes which Nvidia owners are making over the brand they are using and I think it is terribly sad,you don't even realise this and start branding people.

But you also forget how I have had a right go at AMD and their insepid levels of PR screwups,which had people having a go at me.

It makes us three the worst pro-AMD people in the history of AMD fans if what you say is true.

Talking about Greg is funny since he spends more on Nvidia even though he buys both. Now you realise this,you start back tracking.

See how the thread has now gone - all light hearted to serious crap,just because of you. Yet,at the same time I at least bother to keep this thread updated with new stuff.

I posted both the die leaks post for the GP104 and GP106 in this thread and loads of others.

In the last 10 posts outside all the ones I just answered your "don't joke" posts,I posted two links saying review samples were out and that Nvidia was unveiling the cards on the 6th.

You have not posted any rumours in the last month of posting in this thread and have been mostly argueing with people.

Yet,you have audacity to try and call people out.

In the end,most of us will buy what is best at any given price - if I was that pro-AMD I would have bought a HD7870 and a R9 380,but I didn't. I have a SFF rig and Nvidia had shorter cards,with lower TDPs which suited my SFF rig.

The bias is in your conspiracy minded mind and go and smoke it! :D

Plus,you bore me now - go and try and seek some attention from Jono8 now.

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just what we need. Un-funny anti-nVidia jokes from the usual pro-AMD lot. Can't we discuss tech like adults, or what?
do you never understand a joke?

i go with what ever is best for me.
i have had 2x 570s 2x 7970s 2x 7990s & now 2x980s

people can joke & point out the bad of each product of what they love/have used to. doesn't mean their pro AMD/nvidia. its known Game-Works for example reduces your FPS & most of the time gains very minimum noticeable efforts. same as below
AMD have never released a good Linux driver Ever

Soldato
No smogsy you are undercover AMD PR agent,and should be barred from any Nvidia thread until you can show your JHH approved barcode on your head,which FoxEye will have to validate to make sure you can post.

Sarcasm\.

Last edited:
Caporegime
do you never understand a joke?

i go with what ever is best for me.
i have had 2x 570s 2x 7970s 2x 7990s & now 2x980s

people can joke & point out the bad of each product of what they love/have used to. doesn't mean their pro AMD/nvidia. its known Game-Works for example reduces your FPS & most of the time gains very minimum noticeable efforts. same as below
AMD have never released a good Linux driver Ever

You'll have to forgive me for not finding any of it funny. Some of us like to pop into these threads from time to time for new info, and most of the time all that's happening is (a few) people just attacking the vendor they don't like.

I'm not in here a lot, so there might be some good new info posted periodically, but most of the time it's just a crapshoot between pro-nV people and pro-AMD people.

The mods made a big song and dance about how they were going to crack down on it, but it made no difference whatsoever.

You guys might find it funny, but it would be SOOO NICE if these threads were just limited to facts, news, predictions, and all the craptalking resulted in instanct 3 day suspensions. So nice.

Soldato
You'll have to forgive me for not finding any of it funny. Some of us like to pop into these threads from time to time for new info, and most of the time all that's happening is (a few) people just attacking the vendor they don't like.

I'm not in here a lot, so there might be some good new info posted periodically, but most of the time it's just a crapshoot between pro-nV people and pro-AMD people.

The mods made a big song and dance about how they were going to crack down on it, but it made no difference whatsoever.

You guys might find it funny, but it would be SOOO NICE if these threads were just limited to facts, news, predictions, and all the craptalking resulted in instanct 3 day suspensions. So nice.

Tbh this and the Polaris thread have been ok as far as i can see. There is always going to be people disagreeing because it's mainly rumour mixed in with a few facts. This leads people to there own conclusions which differ a lot from others hence the debates. This forum would be very boring with no debates.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbh this and the Polaris thread have been ok as far as i can see. There is always going to be people disagreeing because it's mainly rumour mixed in with a few facts. This forum would be very boring with no debates.

He is the one who is argueing the most- he randomly brands people pro-AMD and when he realises these so called pro-AMD people have Nvidia cards,he desperately backtracks,due to his own arrogance.

Then he calls out people not posting leaks or any discussion in the thread,yet in the last month he has not even posted a single leak himself and then has the audacity to have a go at people who do.

So basically it is people like him who are the problem - they are so entrenched in the "us vs them" they get worked up massively over jokes.

I don't see him getting annoyed when some of us make jokes about or mock AMD's insepid PR and craptastic launches.

Last edited:
Soldato
if you done that the graphic card section would be empty.

you basically want to stop all The Bad from each company?
if you cant say the "bad stuff" about any products you would never have user reviews
their be no point in 90% of the sections on OCUK.

OCUK is discussion board for the GOOD & bad of any product if you cant laugh at some of the companies philosophies you might aswell just go to real news sites like pcpec

i agree this thread should be mostly facts, but without discussion people would not learn from these facts & think of whats to come..

Soldato
He is the one who is argueing the most- he randomly brands people pro-AMD and when he realises these so called pro-AMD people have Nvidia cards,he desperately backtracks,due to his own arrogance.

Then he calls out people not posting leaks or any discussion in the thread,yet in the last month he has not even posted a single leak himself and then has the audacity to have a go at people who do.

So basically it is people like him who are the problem - they are so entrenched in the "us vs them" they get worked up massively over jokes.

+1

That as well :D

Soldato
I want my card

You will get one young one! Just wait a bit longer - THE POWAR OF PASCAL will be soon be burning brightly as POLARIS in your computer.

Have faith,young one. Pascal put his name on it.

:D

Although Pascal died when he was 39 and suns can go Nova and Polaris is a supergiant.

Are AMD or Nvidia hinting at something?? Hmmmm.

Last edited:
Soldato
BTW,FoxEye is paranoid - he accused me of working for AMD.

Why?? Because I said I would consider buying a Polaris 10 if it were an R9 390X level card for £200,with lower power consumption and shorter card unlike the silly long R9 390 series(I own a mini-ITX system and longer cards kind of impede airflow),even though that would be a nice improvement over the R9 380X.

So guys if you consider buying AMD,or even say anything remotely postive about AMD,you are paid by AMD.

It is a similar tactic used on US forums,where they try and attack people like that to try and shut them up.

As a result some of the forums,have got quite acidic with people making sleights like that at each other and it actually lead to AT splitting the forum.

Last edited:
Soldato
He obviously missed my mega rant at AMD over in the CPU section with that hilarious piece they tried to do with AT,when loads of people were implying I hated AMD. But hey,that wouldn't gel with his paranoia.

This is the issue with people like him.

Buy AMD card=AMD paid.
Buy Nvidia card and say anything good about AMD= AMD paid.
Buy Nvidia card and say anything good(or bad) about AMD = AMD paid.
Buy Nvidia card and not say anything good about AMD and agree with him= normal person.

Its a normal thing done in the US where childish posters call each other AMD paid shills and Nvidia paid shills. As a result,they can use it to ignore anything that person says since they are "paid" shills. It was first started by people who didn't like AMD calling anybody who said anything about them a paid shill. They it started going the other way.

THEN WAR!

He calls others 12 years old,yet his tactics almost sound that.

What he does not seem to realise,by calling others paid shills,he might as well call himself one too. Silly Billy.

That illness does not need to get into UK forums,and anyway it is illegal too.

Anyway,back to Pascal.

Last edited:
Caporegime
LOL. Man your fuse is really lit right now isn't it :p

I should have known I'd only make things worse. Wasn't my intention originally.

At the end of the day, it's only a ****** gfx card!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom