• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
LOL. Man your fuse is really lit right now isn't it :p

I should have known I'd only make things worse. Wasn't my intention originally.

At the end of the day, it's only a ****** gfx card!

Well you should have not made accusations of people?? Like in this thread you went in and starting having a go at people for light banter and in the other one,you said I was paid by AMD.

Seriously,dude - not cool.

That's enough now.

Try and get back to Pascal.

bru

bru

Soldato
For gods sake people, can we give it a rest.

Cat was right, what smogsy posteed was funny. If anyone took offence, then ignore or report it. there is no need for another god know how many posts bleating at each other.

And to end I agree with humbug, can we have the cards now please.

Soldato
Funny how passionately people can behave over a graphics card.

I am waiting to see what the next gen looks like, but I'm certainly not gonna freak out quite as much as you guys :D

I can't quite work out what most enthusiasts are gonna gain here, Mid range cards matching 980tis will be good but most of you guys that have 980tis are gonna want the higher end.. Yet I can't figure out what it will achieve. 4k 60fps in every title. Nah probably not.

Caporegime
Funny how passionately people can behave over a graphics card.

I am waiting to see what the next gen looks like, but I'm certainly not gonna freak out quite as much as you guys :D

I can't quite work out what most enthusiasts are gonna gain here, Mid range cards matching 980tis will be good but most of you guys that have 980tis are gonna want the higher end.. Yet I can't figure out what it will achieve. 4k 60fps in every title. Nah probably not.

There are far more people who have 970's and 980's compared to 980ti's so this release should be pretty good for a lot of people ( myself included).

Soldato
There are far more people who have 970's and 980's compared to 980ti's so this release should be pretty good for a lot of people ( myself included).

Yeah I've got a 980 myself but I cant quite feel so excited. I reckon a card that matches 980ti will cost 350-400. I think if I want something new I want it to be a big step up. Something beyond what current cards do.

Unless it's something that makes a 980ti look low end, then I can't really see why I wouldn't just buy a second hand 980ti if that's all I'll be getting.

Soldato
Yeah I've got a 980 myself but I cant quite feel so excited. I reckon a card that matches 980ti will cost 350-400. I think if I want something new I want it to be a big step up. Something beyond what current cards do.

Unless it's something that makes a 980ti look low end, then I can't really see why I wouldn't just buy a second hand 980ti if that's all I'll be getting.

i got 980 SLI

i would like:
6GB+ of ram
a card that can, be bit slower than 980 SLI (- 20-30%) over SLI, but in non - SLI games a 30% increase (a 980ti can do this)

Soldato
Couldn't you have just sold your 980s and bought a 980ti with a bit change left over?

Well if a GTX1080 is £400 and faster than a £500 GTX980TI,you could probably sell the latter,get a better performing card with better DX12 performance and more VRAM,and it wouldn't make a loss either.

You are getting free performance,and the card will only get better with time IMHO.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well if a GTX1080 is £400 and faster than a £500 GTX980TI,you could probably sell the latter,get a better performing card with better DX12 performance and more VRAM,and it wouldn't make a loss either.

You are getting free performance,and the card will only get better with time IMHO.

I'm expecting the 1080i to be circa £500 and about 10% faster than a Ti. And the new Ti to be 40% faster than the current Ti but with a £650ish pricepoint (and the new Titan to occupy it's usual £1k price).

I think they'll take the opportunity to create a new segment with the new Ti imo, hence the heavy rumours about its release at the same time as the others

Soldato
I'm expecting the 1080i to be circa £500 and about 10% faster than a Ti. And the new Ti to be 40% faster than the current Ti but with a £650ish pricepoint (and the new Titan to occupy it's usual £1k price).

I think they'll take the opportunity to create a new segment with the new Ti imo, hence the heavy rumours about its release at the same time as the others

I hope not,I would like to think the GTX1080 is £400 at least! Going by what you predicy that would mean the GTX1070 with 10% to 15% better than GTX980 level performance,is £400, and the GTX1060TI would be £300 and be like GTX980 level performance.

Then AMD with their near R9 390X/GTX980 level performing Polaris 10 will probably decide to plonk up the price to £250 to £275(instead of the £200 I am expecting),since they don't want to be seen as "cheap" or whatever they said when the Fury X was released.

Bah,going to wait until 2017 if that all pans out that way.

Caporegime
Tbh I'm expecting nVidia just to move the performance up one notch give or take (1060=970, 1070=980 etc). I don't think they're gonna get much competition from AMD which will allow them to do this.

Hope I'm wrong!!

Soldato
Tbh I'm expecting nVidia just to move the performance up one notch give or take (1060=970, 1070=980 etc). I don't think they're gonna get much competition from AMD which will allow them to do this.

Hope I'm wrong!!

Still not an excuse though. Nvidia released the sub £200 8800GT even when AMD only had the slower HD3870 to compete with.

But it works out for them both,to not step on each other's toes I suppose! :(

At this rate,we will have such a stagnation in GPU power per pound,blasted console games will look better,and I am not buying a XBox or Playstation. Soon it will be £400 to play console ports at a cinematic 30FPS at 1080P. They are having a laugh!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom