• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
I will still obviously be envious of you guys with better cards and set ups, but I'm still on 1080p/144hz so jumping up from a 970 to a 1070 with a bit of an OC should let me max out every title to at least 60fps so that will keep me happy for now... Plus much better for my VR set up.

Caporegime
Looking to be 20% ish, but wait on reviews m8. Won't be long I should imagine

I might be tempted by a pair of 1070's if they perform like a Ti (and are about £300), 8GB and featureset upgrade...

Then I can get a pair of blocks for them in a few weeks :)

Ta bud :)

I am avoiding SLI till I know they have it running like a super duper single GPU.

Associate

I am avoiding SLI till I know they have it running like a super duper single GPU.

Don't hold your breath. That will likely be in a years time, if not ever.

Multi GPU is a waste of time. I have done crossfire and sli, and I don't get why people bother. Nothing like a single gpu. Unless you are into benchmarking, then pointless as so many games do not support it, and when they do, it is never day one.

Soldato

Multi GPU is a waste of time. I have done crossfire and sli, and I don't get why people bother. Nothing like a single gpu. Unless you are into benchmarking, then pointless as so many games do not support it, and when they do, it is never day one.

People who run 4k or so don't have much choice though if they want high fps today, this is why I'll be avoiding 4k until single cards arrive capable of running it well. But I'll prob still avoid it until 4k 120hz+ runs well which will be a while off, till that happens I might move to 1440p next or stay put.

Associate
People who run 4k or so don't have much choice though if they want high fps today, this is why I'll be avoiding 4k until single cards arrive capable of running it well. But I'll prob still avoid it until 4k 120hz+ runs well which will be a while off, till that happens I might move to 1440p next or stay put.

True. If you must have 120fps, then 4K is a long wait yet. I am personally happy 30-60fps depending on the game. I don't play online, so the extra fps is not a must, but I do like my 4K sharp graphics :)

Soldato

whats up with multi gpu's lately, in the past ive crossfired evrything from 3870 to 290 and sli 970's and 980's and not much to grumble about but ive been on a single fury for quite a bit and all i seem to read is unhappy multi gpu users, is this down to game devs not implementing very well

Man of Honour

I've had a good run with SLI however you do need to use it where it works best i.e. getting around 50fps with one card and using the second to sustain 60fps, etc. as if you are struggling for even baseline playable FPS i.e. 15fps with one card you'll only ever get a poor experience. I've been through 7950GX2, 8800GT SLI, GTX260 SLI, 470GTX SLI all with good results only this round have I held off on a second card as mGPU support in recent games has been less than inspiring in general.

whats up with multi gpu's lately, in the past ive crossfired evrything from 3870 to 290 and sli 970's and 980's and not much to grumble about but ive been on a single fury for quite a bit and all i seem to read is unhappy multi gpu users, is this down to game devs not implementing very well

Doesn't seem to have been as much focus from either nVidia or AMD for mGPU in drivers lately compared to when I had my 470s and some of the more advanced shader effects, especially post processing stuff, in more recent games can break natural multi GPU compatibility and/or be impossible to render on multiple GPUs without a performance penalty either resulting in no gains or negative gains over one card.

Last edited:
Soldato
mabe 8pack and gibbo will do reviews again
would be pretty cool
hard to trust review sites these days

8 Pack and Gibbo will be using cherry picked cards, wait on the forum members to post.

I would not wait and would pre-order anyway, its not going to disappoint as it will be the biggest generational leap in years.

The AMD card will also be fab.

Soldato
I would not wait and would pre-order anyway, its not going to disappoint as it will be the biggest generational leap in years.

Can I borrow your crystal ball? I want to see what the wife's going to make for my dinner :D

OcUK Staff
8 Pack and Gibbo will be using cherry picked cards, wait on the forum members to post.

Not being the case on the reviews I did on previous few generations as I always based my reviews on stock taken from warehouse and using stock coolers.

Proof was in the pudding when users got cards and some got even better OC's. :)

But were so busy I probably won't be doing any testing unfortunately, shall be left to 8 Pack who will do testing using stock cooling and of course he shall then implement his skillset to the full and throw some LN2 at them.

Back
Top Bottom