• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
Guys I'm confused with this order of 10 the clock will hit zero tomorrow at 6pm, I thought that's when we were supposed to hear news on Pascal though on the nvidia website it states saturday 2am or are there to be 2 separate events?

bru

bru

Soldato
I think it will be a closed press only event at 8pm our UK time (that is when the countdown ends) and then a streamed launch event latter that day, 2AM Saturday morning.

Associate
I think it will be a closed press only event at 8pm our UK time (that is when the countdown ends) and then a streamed launch event latter that day, 2AM Saturday morning.

Got to be more to it than that. If the clock finishes counting down and it just says join us later on twitch, that would be an anticlimax and lame.

Soldato
MeH.

I can't think Nvidia will have anything to sell before AMD.

Then again the performance parts from both aren't due for 6+months so I don't care

Caporegime
As my math is shocking, stock 1080 V stock 980Ti = how much performance difference please guys?

Looking to be 20% ish, but wait on reviews m8. Won't be long I should imagine

I might be tempted by a pair of 1070's if they perform like a Ti (and are about £300), 8GB and featureset upgrade...

Then I can get a pair of blocks for them in a few weeks :)

Associate

I might be tempted by a pair of 1070's if they perform like a Ti (and are about £300), 8GB and featureset upgrade...

The price ive seen on different websites for the 1070 is between $449 - $499,thats £310 -£344 before vat.

Hope them prices are wrong.

Associate

I'm looking to do same with 1080 SLI slightly more performance then a 980Ti in SLI and more VRAM. Should be far better then my 970 at present will be first cards I watercool as well.

Expecting 1080 to be around £450-500 mark will be surprising if they more than that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom