• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Caporegime
Hey Greg, I thought you were going to keep yer Titan X and not be tempted by the new line up until the "Big Boys" arrive. :D You are cracking already and they havent even been released yet. Shame on you Sir, I thought you were made of sterner stuff. :p

I guess you can't take the money with you when you go, so you may as well do something with it. Mind you I am sure your other half could turn it into something that is not a new GFX card......a new fridge/Freezer/Washing Machine or even a weekend away. :eek: :D

You just need to add custard to me for the amount of times I crumble :D Still undecided but new shiny is always hard and yer, the Mrs can easily spend it if I don't :D

Soldato
You just need to add custard to me for the amount of times I crumble :D Still undecided but new shiny is always hard and yer, the Mrs can easily spend it if I don't :D

Haha same lol. I'm sure ill try stop myself, depends I guess how well they actually perform. But either way shiny shiny :).

I'll likely give in.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sadly this is more and more commonplace. Several people in this thread want to see fail from NVidia, where I would hope that any sane person would want to see both AMD and NVidia having beast cards. I don't understand the mentality of people like Flopper and Muzigaz.

Sitting at my computer today, if the 1080 is 20% faster than a 980Ti and comes with 8GB of GDDR5 (hell, even if it is 256 bit) and costs £420, I will be seriously thinking of grabbing one. The same for Polaris and will be considering that also. I don't really want to jump early and would rather hold out for the big cards but hell, I cleared well over £400 in OT last month, so what the hell :D

Downgrade to a Polaris :eek:

:p

1860 boost clock pretty high , if it clock well we should able to hit over 2000 :eek:

'Overclockers Dream' :D

Last edited:
Soldato
So, given that tomorrow seems to be the day, thinking way back to the last round, how long after the 980 launch did the TX it the market? Top of the range cards by Chrimbo?

Soldato
I do hope that they have actual cards ready to go on sale. It would be a bit of disappointment if it was only a soft launch, or a even worse a vague teaser about upcoming cards.

Remember before the Kepler there was a massive buzz around January, Nvidia had some kind of teaser on facebook. Don't remember the exact details but I do remember people were considering selling their 7970's and waiting until the 680 arrived. Even though the 680 didn't arrive until March.

Hope that's not the case here, or we could be waiting until July.

Soldato
Would be surprised if it was just a paper launch, a lot of marketing for just that. Pascal arrive at Planet Earth......but not for another few months. I doubt that.

bru

bru

Soldato
Would be surprised if it was just a paper launch, a lot of marketing for just that. Pascal arrive at Planet Earth......but not for another few months. I doubt that.

I reckon availability will be from the end of Computex onwards, so by tomorrow that will be 4 weeks and a day away.

Back
Top Bottom