• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Caporegime
If it were, all 1080p gamers would be over it like flys on ****.

Unless you're looking to game at 4K, you can ignore these new GPU's entirely.

Its more the resale value that i'm interested in for when it comes to upgrading to Pascal / Polaris.

My guess right now its probably worth about £120 @ 9 Months old, which isn't too bad, its a Gigabyte Windforce and a good clocker, that should help it sell.

Equivalent performance GTX 1060's are probably going to be about £250.

Associate
Unless you're looking to game at 4K, you can ignore these new GPU's entirely.

I game at 2K on a 144hz monitor and I want to get as close to a consistent 90 frames plus as I possible can. On my current card, a 980ti, with a lot of modern games I can't achieve this so the 1080 is unlikely to be a card i'll ignore IF I can get a reasonable good return for my current 980ti that is.

Soldato
I game at 2K on a 144hz monitor and I want to get as close to a consistent 90 frames plus as I possible can, on my current card, a 980ti, with a lot of modern games I can't achieve that so the 1080 is unlikely to be a card i'll ignore IF I can get a reasonable good return for my current 980ti that is.

You will need to sell asap before it gets around the £300 1070 is £300 and faster than the TX.

Soldato
Marketing play on words, Hype.... if he tells you "like this", (picture of 980's in SLI)

You're meant to think oh twice as fast as a 980 in reality its literally 980 in SLI, which is still open to interpretation, some might say "Nvidia SLI has 95% scaling" that would be Jen's Fanboi army doing some free advertising for him, others will say "Nvidia has 25% scaling" that will be the AMD fanbois.

The truth is probably somewhere in the lower middle of that, 40% or 50%.

This is where some of your money goes, it pays for an army of physiologists who think up the best ways of manipulation without actually lying.

whilst i agree SLI scaling is not perfect depends on the Devs

Witcher 3 70%
OVerwatch 100% exactly

it just needs to be implemented properly,
ive very dubious switch sli for single card but tempted in deed

Last edited:
Caporegime
I game at 2K on a 144hz monitor and I want to get as close to a consistent 90 frames plus as I possible can. On my current card, a 980ti, with a lot of modern games I can't achieve this so the 1080 is unlikely to be a card i'll ignore IF I can get a reasonable good return for my current 980ti that is.

Get another 980ti cheap...

Associate
Im in for an MSI 1070 on launch day,enough of a jump to make it worth it from my 970.If a 1080 was around £400 i would be tempted,not at the likely £500 tho.

Had my 970 since launch feels like an eternity lol.Been any info about the PCB configs? intrested if water blocks can be carried over from 9xx cards to these ones.

Back
Top Bottom