• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Man of Honour
Thinking about selling my Titan X, but don't think pascal 1080 will be that much faster? Might just keep it. Will a Titan X hold me for 2 more years? I can't afford a pascal Titan this time around. Was hoping a 1080 might be fast enough, but don't think it will.

Small Pascal will not be much faster than a Titan X and will only have 6/8gb of memory.

Soldato
What do you all really hope to gain from this next generation of cards?

Is it basically just about finding a single card solution that can play the demanding games like Witcher 3 and Gta v at 4k 60fps?. Seems a bit much to replay some old games. What is in the pipeline on a software level?

Since upgrading my pc the graphics card is still something I'm holding out on until at least black Friday sales. However I I'm not sure I can get majorly excited for the future unless I actually see something special coming to actually play on the pc.

We are going to be gimped by ps4 and xb1 for next few years and that annoys me most.

Soldato
Is it basically just about finding a single card solution that can play the demanding games like Witcher 3 and Gta v at 4k 60fps?. Seems a bit much to replay some old games. What is in the pipeline on a software level?

For some this may be an issue, but I intend to stay well away from 4K until at least 60fps is achievable on one high end card without it dipping well below that in intense parts of games. I plan to go 1440p next as it's probably the best bet for maintaining high fps beyond 1080p, plus I prefer the 120/144hz refresh rate over 60. Just waiting for a dream 1440p monitor to come out first :p.

I've actually been hoping some Source 2 games would be revealed for a while now to make use of newer hardware, Valve really knows how to take their time.

Soldato
Yeah I play at 1440p too. These cards might be pushing forward but games will likely stagnate with visuals. Witcher 3 or farcry are likely to be the best looking games for a few years. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Soldato
Cool, quiet card that will deliver 60FPS @ 1080p consistently.

Right now my PC is audible and I hate that :p

They certainly know how to make money out of us. 500+ to get what should really be a standard of performance by now. The trouble is that most of us have completed the most demanding games by time the cards come out. I want high end but sometimes this justification is hard. Guess oculus rift will be most noticeable development in gaming for us.

Back
Top Bottom