• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
OP
I'll wait until the Pascal version of the "Ti" :)

Gonna do my best to do this is as well, but you probably don't know this about me I am a bit of an impulse buyer :p:D

I hope we don't get a round of pretender high end cards first. I want the real deal Pascal Titan and Ti from the get go.. 8GB would be absolutely fine. I can see no real need for 16GB for next couple of years tbh.

Soldato
Gonna do my best to do this is as well, but you probably don't know this about me I am a bit of an impulse buyer :p:D

I hope we don't get a round of pretender high end cards first. I want the real deal Pascal Titan and Ti from the get go.. 8GB would be absolutely fine. I can see no real need for 16GB for next couple of years tbh.

Those so called "pretender" cards you call them will be faster then maxwell cards today. Pascal Titan will cost stupid money. I'll just be happy with what ever 1080 version will be. 8gb will do me as well.

Soldato
OP
Those so called "pretender" cards you call them will be faster then maxwell cards today. Pascal Titan will cost stupid money. I'll just be happy with what ever 1080 version will be. 8gb will do me as well.

Yeah likely will outperform current high end, but it's more the fact that the Ti version could come a lil later on and only be priced a bit more and replace that top tier. Heavy buyers remorse each time this has happened lol.

Will do my best to hang on for the flagship, or cut down Ti flagship this time. I don't fancy my chances of waiting tbh, as soon as the X80 launches I will probably be among the first to get one :p:o

Hopefully the big guns will come first.

Associate
it seems its not a great time to be buying most components, especially graphics and storage though, X99 platform does seem a good investment though as I am not sure
of what advantages Skylake-E will give

Soldato
X199-gen platform will have Optane storage, perhaps an optical PCIe gen4 interconnect, finfet GPUs, plus whatever CPU enhancements Zen forces.

Very tasty.

Caporegime
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-volta-gpus-sc15/

At this year’s SC15, NVIDIA revealed and confirmed two major bits about their next generation Pascal GPUs. The information includes details regarding process design, peak compute performance and even shared the same numbers for their Volta GPUs which are expected to hit the market in 2018 (2017 for HPC). The details confirm the rumors which we have been hearing since a few months that Pascal might be coming in market earlier next year.
NVIDIA GeForce Pascal
NVIDIA’s Pascal and Volta GPUs Peak Compute Performance Revealed – Volta To Push Memory Bandwidth To 1.2 TB/s
For some time now, we have been hearing that NVIDIA’s next generation Pascal GPUs will be based on a 16nm process. NVIDIA revealed or should we say, finally confirmed during their SC15 conference that the chip is based on a 16nm FinFET process, NVIDIA didn’t reveal they name of the Semiconductor Foundry but it was confirmed that TSMC would be supplying the new GPUs. Now this might not be a significant bit as it has been known for months and we know that NVIDIA’s Pascal GP100 chip has already been taped out on TSMC’s 16nm FinFET process. This means that we can see a launch of these chips as early as 1H of 2016. Doubling of the transistor density would put Pascal to somewhere around 16-17 Billion transistors since Maxwell GPUs already feature 8 Billion transistors on the flagship GM200 GPU core.

Soldato
Will 4GB cards be done away with seeing as lots of VRAM is the requirement even at 1080p?. 8GB be the minimum?, I doubt I would even buy a 6GB card now?. I know the top end pascal GPU will surface first? but what comes after that and how much memory will those cards have I wonder?. Why has VRAM become the focus of todays pc video games? some games textures don't look that great imho.

Back
Top Bottom