• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Man of Honour
^^ High end HBM solutions atleast look like being delayed awhile that isn't to say nVidia won't release something before that though.

Associate
But if a GDDR5 Pascal card can deliver 125% 980ti performance, why the insistence on HBM2? More likely to be cheaper to produce and therefore under £500 as you wanted. And actually available to buy this year :p

thats true, a 980Ti style card with 8GB VRAM and the 16nm die shrink would be quite tempting even if it wasn't HBM2

I just like the idea of the 16nm with 16GB HBM2 for whatever reason, it seems like a cool combination

I already bought fury x because of the HBM hype, but it turned out to be a dissapointing card in many respects

Soldato
If they only announce the 1080 then it's probably a safe bet there'll be no Titan this year and they'll either try for Q2 2017 or wait for 10nm.

Associate
Hi guys,

I am currently trying to weight up waiting for pascal or getting a 980/980ti.
My main aim is to try and get quicker Iray renders. Gaming is not that important to me.

If pascal is released in the 2nd half of this year will they release a 1080/ti variant straight away?

The predicted power is quite impressive but will it reach that sort of capability from launch or well into its life cycle ie when 1180 or 1280 is released etc..?

Just wondering if I should just get a 980/ti now if the release pascal is not that different.

Associate
Hahaha

Not that up to date on what info is out there. Been a while since I looked into computer stuff. Hence the questions.

Just wondering the rumors/predictions are thats all.

Caporegime
Hahaha

Not that up to date on what info is out there. Been a while since I looked into computer stuff. Hence the questions.

Just wondering the rumors/predictions are thats all.

Pretty much nothing is known. Even less than we know about AMD's new range, which is itself hardly anything at all.

Depressingly, both companies appear really good at keeping secrets ;)

Associate
Haha tell me about it.
I think i'm leaning towards getting a 980 and then just getting a 1080/ti when it gets released. Looking at the specs cant wait.

Soldato
OP
Pretty much nothing is known. Even less than we know about AMD's new range, which is itself hardly anything at all.

Depressingly, both companies appear really good at keeping secrets ;)

Yeah it is really irritating lol, how good they are at keeping things quiet this time around. Few people want to know if they should buy a card now for a build or hold on until the newer stuff, but have no idea when it's actually going to be available to buy..

Associate
Nvidia should not have even mentioned the pascal specs till they were close to release.
5 months is too long a wait and who knows if it will get delayed.

Caporegime

I hope that is true.

Nvidia Pascal Titan Rumored to be coming as early as April

Nvidia's upcoming Pascal GPUs are now rumored to be coming to market as early as April, starting off with a Pascal Titan-esque GPU with lower end models coming later.

The high end models are expected to using the GP100 GPU core, which is built on TSMC 16nm process and use HBM memory, though right now capacities are yet to be confirmed, but current rumors suggest a maximum VRAM capacity of 32GB.

At around June of this year Nvidia are rumored to be launching their GP104 core GPUs, which are rumored by Techfrag to be using GDDR5X memory and not HBM and make up the GTX 1080 and GTX 1070, if Nvidia continue to use their current naming scheme.

The GTX 1080 is expected to have performance that is similar to the GTX 980Ti or Titan X, but come in with a lower TDP and thermals, though right now this is merely guesswork given Nvidia's recent trends when moving from one generation to another.

Back
Top Bottom