• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
April 1st you fool me Nvidia...

Q. why will 1080 not have the HMB and only have the performance as the current 980Ti ? albeit with a lower TDP.

Surely there would be no point in upgrading from a 980Ti at a cost of £600 + pounds.

Then there is the probability of GTX 1080Ti coming out at the end of the year with higher clocks & HMB memory for around £700.

Sounds like NV will be screwing us all over again

Caporegime
And I bet they sell add many add they can make at that price. Always amazes me how much money is out there. It's not usually enthusiasts either just rich people that want the latest and the best to show off. Just look at cars, how many enthusiasts can afford the £100k £200k+ cars?

Fortunately, the Titan is not the only card that can play games (really) well. If it was, we'd all be outside nVidia's house with the burning pitch forks :p

Associate
Pure speculation but here goes...

1.If Nvidia are going to be releasing the Pascal "Titan" in April I can see it as a $1500 card.

2. It would make sense if it is going to be the Titan model because of low yields and production rates. They are going to be going for a very high cost due to these issues.

3. They release their "1080" maybe in June/July at the same time as RTG release the card(s) they have coming out first, to deaden RTG's launch as much as possible.

4. When they know exactly what top end card RTG release, they will then release the 1080Ti which will be a cut down version of the Titan model for approx two thirds or possibly half the cost. When I say cut down, I mean minute differences between the Titan card and the 1080Ti....just like they did with the Titan and 980 Ti.

The only way to combat this would be if the top end RTG card is as good as or better than the Pascal "Titan" from Nvidia or if RTG then release another card (Which they had up their sleeves all along to beat the 1080Ti ;) )

Those are my predictions and speculations based on whats gone before....nothing more, nothing less.
:D

Associate
Pure speculation 2.0 but here goes...

Nvidia’s biggest completion is not AMD it’s Nvidia :eek:

Just wondering here... if I’m the only one thinking along these lines or is there like-minded people out there.

The GTX 980Ti is a real performer and can more or less eat anything game wise yes... So what's not to say Nvidia launch Pascal and let's say it's a relatively small bump in performance over the 980Ti.

What would Nvidia do then? TO WIDEN THE GAP... Maybe release a driver to nerf the performance of the 980Ti and older series cards! :D

Associate
Yer remember the 'rumours' that put the Titian X and 980ti and several hundred GBP more than what that ended up being ? I highly doubt a pascal Titian will be £1k+ or meaningfully more than the TitianX was on release. Only time will tell I guess.

Nvidia have the lions share of the market at the moment and they do not seem to have any trouble selling the fastest cards regardless of cost to their loyal enthusiasts. So yes I do think they will put their crazy flagship Titan out at over £1000 this time. Credit given where credit is due...they do sell them.

There are a handful of people on this forum that would buy one straight away if it was seen to be the fastest card available. You know who they are ;) and at least one of them would buy 3 or 4 :p

Caporegime
There are a handful of people on this forum that would buy one straight away if it was seen to be the fastest card available. You know who they are ;) and at least one of them would buy 3 or 4 :p

There is no doubt that some people here enjoy the fact that they're so expensive.

It makes them members of an exclusive club when they buy one (or four).

Even if they never use them, the fuzzy feeling from spending £1000+ on a single PC component makes them happy.

In this regard it's absolutely no different to spending a £million on a painting by one of the old masters, then storing it in your private vault, where nobody can see it. It's done because it demonstrates wealth, and power.

There is a likelihood that some people buying these Titan GPUs aren't even all that into computers, it's just a status symbol.

If it's under £1000 I'll just have enough. If it's over I'll wait.

Soldato
Nvidia have the lions share of the market at the moment and they do not seem to have any trouble selling the fastest cards regardless of cost to their loyal enthusiasts. So yes I do think they will put their crazy flagship Titan out at over £1000 this time. Credit given where credit is due...they do sell them.

I wont go as far as saying "ill eat my hat" but if they are over a grand I will eat the packet of chocolate caramel digestive I have in the fridge here at work ok ?:D

Associate
Pure speculation 2.0 but here goes...

Nvidia’s biggest completion is not AMD it’s Nvidia :eek:

Just wondering here... if I’m the only one thinking along these lines or is there like-minded people out there.

The GTX 980Ti is a real performer and can more or less eat anything game wise yes... So what's not to say Nvidia launch Pascal and let's say it's a relatively small bump in performance over the 980Ti.

What would Nvidia do then? TO WIDEN THE GAP... Maybe release a driver to nerf the performance of the 980Ti and older series cards! :D

From past experinece if NV releases a GTX 1080 which beats 980ti by 10% they will buy it, then when the 1080ti comes they will sell the 1080, and buy the Ti.
Nvidia =Apple in terms of marketing. People cant wait to fork out the money justt to own the newest one regardless of whether they really need it or not.

Last edited:
Associate
I wont go as far as saying "ill eat my hat" but if they are over a grand I will eat the packet of chocolate caramel digestive I have in the fridge here at work ok ?:D

LOL That's hardly a punishment now, is it?

I'll tell you what....you can send the biscuits to me and I will eat them for you and send you the video :p

That's more like a punishment.
:D

Associate
From past experinece if NV releases a GTX 1080 which beats 980ti by 10% they will buy it, then when the 1080ti comes they will sell the 1080, and buy the Ti.
Nvidia =Apple in terms of marketing. People cant wait to fork out the money justt to own the newest one regardless of whether they really need it or not.

+1

Spot on.

However, I dont think people buy the most expensive cards for the "I am rich, screw the rest of you" factor....I think it's more like "I have the fastest card and my benchmarks are better than your benchmarks"...so it's about the kudos and power of the card rather than about the money.

Some are wired that way I guess (Nvidia Users), some are not (AMD/RTG users) who are more your bang for buck kinda guys....myself included. However, the amount of surpluss cash you have will have an effect on how you are wired. LOL :p

Back
Top Bottom